Print donation sign up sheet - all proceeds go to charity!

Trust your instincts, people. Go with the ones you a) believe to be a good representation of your best work or b) something you've gotten positive feedback on or c) a combination of the two.

Also - I know there is some cost involved, but do put forth your best effort to have your prints matted and ready for framing, should you find yourself in a position to ship. If someone has bid on your work, they deserve to get something that's professional looking.

My point is, no one is making us do this, so if we do it, we should do it right. A basic 8x10 print can be matted for under $20. :) So be ready!

I'll see how much the place I have my prints done charges for matting, but if it's too much at the moment, I may have to back out, or not do it yet.

Think I'll get in on this too. Are we going to seed the prints to Karalee or each setup our own auctions.

core_17 said:
I'll see how much the place I have my prints done charges for matting, but if it's too much at the moment, I may have to back out, or not do it yet.
If you have an 8x10" image, Corry, you can go anywhere that sells frames and find an 11x14" mat to fit it - the mat will clearly state "11 x 14 for an 8x10" print" - you shouldn't have to pay to have it done custom for something like this. :) It's much cheaper that way for a one-time deal. When I do shows, we use the mat cutter at home and cut our own mats from mattboard sheets, but obviously that doesn't work for everyone, and if you're only sending out 1-2 prints, ready-made is the way to go. And I mean places like Hobby Lobby or Target. Check it out before you withdraw. ;)

Jeff Canes said:
Think I get in on this too. Are we going to seed the prints to Karalee or each setup our own auctions.
Send to Karalee with some information on your print(s), the print title, and make it a web-ready jpeg. She'll take it from there! :D

I have an ebay account setup for use...but I'm still a bit of a noob in dealing with it....so I'll be dragging Kara, Lumi and whoever else is interested in to help out! :D

Im waiting to hear from missionfish.org, I sent them an email last night. The deal is we sign up with them, and they collect the money on our behalf, and redirect it to the charity. They also have a rule, that because they are so tied up with ebay, that if there is a non paying bidder, they charge that bidders credit card they used when they registered with ebay ;)

Why the donation comes to MissionFish first

As the third-party overseeing eBay Giving Works listings, part of our job is to make sure that donations happen safely and reliably for everyone. The best way for us to do that is by receiving the donation from the seller and then passing it along to the nonprofit. That way we know that the seller definitely paid the donation (to us), and the nonprofit definitely received it (from us).

PMs are coming for those of you who have just signed up! Its great to see all the involvement from the lovely people here!

Ok, scratch that, Ill send PM's out in the morning, Im starting to feel the effects of sitting on a boat all day in the sun drinking :lol: :drunk:

Chase, your needed in my office tommorrow :lol: :!: Ill try catch you then!

Okay so the current count is as follows:

Kara (2) 8x10s matted to 11x14, (1) emulsion lift
Anua (1) 5x7 and (1) 8x10
Picksure To be determined
Luminosity To be determined
LizM (1) 8x10 matted to 11x14
Terri (1) 8x10 matted to 11x14, (1) sx-70 manipulation matted to 11x14
Hobbes28 (1) sx-70 manipulation
Artemis To be determined
Core_17 To be determined
Santino To be determined
JeffCanes (2) 8x12s and (1) 8x10 matted all matted to 11x14
Darin3200 (1) 8x10 matted to 11x14
DigitalMatt (2) 8x12s matted to 11x14
BlackDog's To be determined

So...what does Matted mean? I have enough paper and ink to print my own glossy 8x10's...if thats ok...but then...can someone explain what I need to buy? Just the inside...frame...thing?

Also, go to the stationers, and see if you can find some Jiffy bags, (for those in the uk) I use those to send my photographs, they have a lining of bubblerap, and at the most are about £2?

Im looking forward to selling a print...I was thinking the chipmunk leaning up to the hand? thats sort of a charity image...and maybe 1 other?

Matting is that cardboard that goes around the picture in the frame. Most of the frames you buy come with matting.

If I can find another frame for it, I have a little three picture series that has a super macro of salt, pepper and a shaker that we hang in the kitchen that could probably sell as well. I'll get back to you on that one.

Guys, don't forget Wal-Mart has some pretty decent pre-cut mats stashed over near the frames (kinda hidden but you can find them if you look long enough). 11x14 finished size is $1.86 and the double mat is $2.86 here.

Damn thats cheap...we havent got that kinda thing...guess I better head to Jessops again :p They love me there...

Most reactions

Back