Printer Res.

Ccauceg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cant figure out what the printing resolution is on my printer (HP Photosmart Pro 8350) is. I cant find it on HP's site or on the box. Could someone please help me?

Why do you want or need to find that out?

Why do you want or need to find that out?
wouldn't you want to know what the resolution is of the printer before you print the image?

No. The printer/computer has it's drivers and it does it's job.

I am more concerned that I'm giving the printer a file that has enough resolution for the print size I'm making. The printer can do what it wants with that, as long as the results look good.

The standard is that you want your images to have 300 pixels for every linear inch of print. So for an 8x10, your file should be 2400x3000 pixels (300 PPI).

I don't know or care what DPI (dots per inch) the printer is laying onto the paper...as long as it looks good to me.

No. The printer/computer has it's drivers and it does it's job.

I am more concerned that I'm giving the printer a file that has enough resolution for the print size I'm making. The printer can do what it wants with that, as long as the results look good.

The standard is that you want your images to have 300 pixels for every linear inch of print. So for an 8x10, your file should be 2400x3000 pixels (300 PPI).

I don't know or care what DPI (dots per inch) the printer is laying onto the paper...as long as it looks good to me.

Thanks for the clarity

For photography terms it really shouldn't matter what the resolution in DPI of the printer is, providing it's cranked all the way up when you print a photo.

Most reactions

Back