Printers to Print-Photos to cut

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Im looking into purchasing a printer, starting to toss around the idea. I know you can get decent prints from some very inexpensive printers. But Im looking into a $300 photo printer that can print 13x19 images.

What printers do you use or do you send it all to the lab?

Also what sort of device do you use to cut the prints to correct size?

Feel free to ad any input you think may be useful.

A home printer is sometimes convenient, but if you want consistent, quality prints...I think it will be cheaper in the long run, to use a good lab.

The printer is only $300...but how much does the ink cost, and how long does it last? How much does quality paper cost? It all adds up.

To cut prints, I use a paper cutter. The one I have is a rotary cutter.

A home printer is sometimes convenient, but if you want consistent, quality prints...I think it will be cheaper in the long run, to use a good lab.

The printer is only $300...but how much does the ink cost, and how long does it last? How much does quality paper cost? It all adds up.

I am actually getting customers threw word of mouth and FB! I live in a rural area, the people out here are a little ruff around the edges. So Im doing discounted photo shoots for young moms. Im not a pro. But I got my backdrop system down pat. Their starting to ask for prints. There not the kind of people that are going to order on line. As far as a business point of view goes. Dont I want to push the prints on them immediately, right away, like squeese a few more bucks out of them b4 they leave my studio.

I do have a $3000 very long wish list b4 my studio is complete. Got to get that fisheye and Superduper wide angle lens, back up body ect. But first I have to pay for some brochures and of course Im obviously pondering the printer option.

I am actually getting customers threw word of mouth and FB! I live in a rural area, the people out here are a little ruff around the edges. So Im doing discounted photo shoots for young moms. Im not a pro. But I got my backdrop system down pat. Their starting to ask for prints. There not the kind of people that are going to order on line. As far as a business point of view goes. Dont I want to push the prints on them immediately, right away, like squeese a few more bucks out of them b4 they leave my studio.

I do have a $3000 very long wish list b4 my studio is complete. Got to get that fisheye and Superduper wide angle lens, back up body ect. But first I have to pay for some brochures and of course Im obviously pondering the printer option.

A good professional lab will do a much better job than a $300 printer and they're not all that expensive. Look at places like WHCC or MPIX.

You get the money from the clients, order photos, and then deliver the finished product.

I have a pixma pro mark 2 ($800 printer) and havent been too happy with the results. It can print a ton of sizes but seems to never come out nice when it comes to skin tones (they come out red, even after tons of PP work). And the maintenance is pretty expensive cuz there are like 10 color tanks and they empty pretty quick.

I would send them to a lab. For $300, people are not going to like what you give them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back