What's new

Printing colors

Maybe your screen is calibrated wrong, so the print shows the original colors, but your monitor doesn't.
 
I am also looking at Adoramapix and I see where they have all of their ICC profiles. There are different ones for prints, posters and books. It says where to store them and explains them here. My Spyder is on it's way and should be here any day. My question is, after I calibrate my monitor, then I need to open my images and do what the link says? It says assign scanner or camera profile to the image....is that the profile I download from Adoramapix? Then save them and those are the images that I use to create the book. And if I wanted a print I would save the image with the profile for prints? That's all I need to do? This is really confusing me, sorry if the answer is obvious and I am just not getting it.
 
For what it's worth, I made the decision to not even bother printing photos at home. I've used Mpix, SmugMug, and even CVS and have had excellent results with photos whose colors match my screen perfectly.

SmugMug has an extensive discussion regarding the effect of color space on the results and cautioned against using Adobe RGB instead of sRGB. Just something else to consider if you hadn't yet.

My feeling is that time is money and I would much rather spend my time taking photos than screwing around with calibrating my printer. Never mind the wasted ink and paper tying to get things right.

Then there's the debate over how long ink jet inks last in comparison to professional processing on quality paper.

Steve
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom