Printing Material ????

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my customer is ready to buy a version of this:

361260767_b000348667.jpg

Not that exact version, but a cleaner version without tripod reflections, editing done graciously and expertly by "DARICH".

She is printing it at 16X20 and placing it in her house. The printing company near me has 4 choices:

Luster paper.
Glossy paper
Fine art paper.
Canvas.

I would recommend either the Fine art or canvas, but wanted your opinions? The lady said the Fine Art is more muted, and would lessen the contrast in the picture... but is that a bad thing? What about canvas?

Please let me know your opinion, or if anyone has examples online what the difference is???

Why not get smaller samples done on each type?

Certain images lend themselves to certain media.
eg flowers normally look good on canvas but a detailed image of a New York view may not.
I think canvas may be a decent option. Have you tried the image in mono or is it definitely colour the customer is after?
Like mike said smaller samples may be another way of comparing the different options open to you.

As for the editing - it was pretty simple - it only took about 15minutes in total.:thumbup:

Certain images lend themselves to certain media.
eg flowers normally look good on canvas but a detailed image of a New York view may not.
I think canvas may be a decent option. Have you tried the image in mono or is it definitely colour the customer is after?
Like mike said smaller samples may be another way of comparing the different options open to you.

As for the editing - it was pretty simple - it only took about 15minutes in total.:thumbup:

I think canvas is the way to go, but I requested samples.

Thanks again darich, your on my website, as soon as I figure that out! (Know how to do that too? LOL JK JK )

You do lose detail with canvas, but that can work in your favor if you are making a large print from a small file. A lot of detail isn't expected and the canvas texture can hide the pixels. This is in theory, as I haven't made many canvas prints.

I'd lean towards fine-art for B&W prints.

For the one above (and most color prints), I think I'd personally go with luster or glossy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back