Printing...mpix...whcc...etc

itsanaddiction

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys! I'm wondering who everyone uses to print and why?

Also, I am making business cards and was wondering who offers the best quality for price? I would like something thick and durable. I bought my first set from overnightprints, however they are a bit pricey.

Thanks!

Danielle

vistaprints has quality premium business cards for a nice price

I use Mpix.com for prints. They've always done a great job, the price is right, and they are a somewhat local business for me also.

I use Blurb.com for books. I just like the way their books turn out, and their prices are similar to everyone else.

I usually use Overnightprints.com for business cards. Last time I bought them it was about $50 for 500 cards, heavy stock, glossy, etc.... Recently I bought some business cards from Mpix.com. They look very nice, but much thinner paper, and they were $20 for 100 so more expensive than Overnightprints.

EDIT: I just went and looked at Overnightprints.com. They've lowered their prices since the last time I ordered. I think their business card prices are on the cheap side of average. The local Kinkos wanted to charge me $50 for 300 cards, one sided, text only.

I used to use mpix because they would frame and all for me, it was pricey but they did a good job. But I had to stop using them, they recently changed their policy on shipping to APOs. I have been using adorama and an independent frame company.

I use a company called iprintfromhome.com They are located in Buffalo NY about 3 hours from me. They have been nothing short of awesome. The first order you make through them they send you a calibration kit as well as sample work on the different media they sell. Their prices are good as well. They print with Kodak papers and inks and also do the Kodak metallic paper and inks as well.

I use Mpix.com for prints. They've always done a great job, the price is right, and they are a somewhat local business for me also.

I use Blurb.com for books. I just like the way their books turn out, and their prices are similar to everyone else.

I usually use Overnightprints.com for business cards. Last time I bought them it was about $50 for 500 cards, heavy stock, glossy, etc.... Recently I bought some business cards from Mpix.com. They look very nice, but much thinner paper, and they were $20 for 100 so more expensive than Overnightprints.

EDIT: I just went and looked at Overnightprints.com. They've lowered their prices since the last time I ordered. I think their business card prices are on the cheap side of average. The local Kinkos wanted to charge me $50 for 300 cards, one sided, text only.

Thank you so much! I made a spreadsheet and it would be cheaper and more profitable for me to order from mpix...but I'm still not sure about quality...

MPIX quality is awesome I think. I've printed a couple of 16x24's through them and 12x18's...a lot of 8x10's and 11x14's and tons of smaller stuff. Quality is always top notch. I've also printed through Exposure Manager and the Mpix prints were much better in my opinion. I print all of my stuff now through zenfolio (uses mpix as their printer).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back