Printing on metal

Try here - you first scan your film to CD, then make an inkjet print.

You soak this in water and then the image slides off the top like a transfer.

It will adhere nicely to any kind of material, including metal.

Alan

www.lazertran.com :D

Hey Niffer,
You need to find a local printer that uses a flatbed printer w/ UV curing inks.
In Chicago both Digital Imaging Resource(ask for Al Cerkin) and ColorIMAGE (ask for Mickey)
can do printing directly to "my" steel (I've been using 21 guage galvanized steel- both flat& w/ a formed wdge/lip)

Some images are OK if they are not first backed-up with a coating of white ink- then your image.
Other images may require that.......currently I'm using some of my Industrial urban Landscape images
(Chicago's got lots of areas/sides of town that appear Rust-Belt-like)

My Steel Furniture that I design and build is what led to my exploration of wanting to combine my favorite material-
Steel- with my other passion - Photography!
Next on my list is combining my Light Fixtures with some of my images as well....

Finding a good, understanding printer is helpful- avoid knuckleheads that suggest "....why not just print to vinyl and apply it to the steel? ":thumbdown:
A printer that has a Rho Printer or a high end HP is a good place to start.
Use key Words of "Direct Flatbed Printing to any substrate"-
and then you should find your printer.
Or- feel free to call my above suggestions.!
Happy New Year!
Randall- aka The Man of Steel

Prime the metal with several thin coats of clear spray adhesive and use Rockland Liquid Light. I've known lots of people who have had success doing this.

I've played with a LOT of other theoretical ideas, some pretty far fetched. PM me if you want to discuss.

Most reactions

Back