Printing paper?

GooniesNeverSayDie11

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a double post, but the darkroom forum seemed to glitch my post so you cannot respond.

What paper do you prefer to print on?
I just bought a Canon Pixma Pro9000 printer and am trying to decide on what paper to buy. I bought a pack of 13x19 Kodak Premium Matte paper at Staples ( I didn't expect it to be great but its the only thing I could find fast locally so that I could test the printer with a large format. ) I was thinking of possibly getting some metallic paper but not sure. The Kodak Matte definately seemed a little drab to me.​

Your paper choice is an extension of your post processing: what look are you going for. I use mattes, pearls, metalics, glossies, semis, the works! They all give you a different look.

+1 ↑.

I don't print my own, but use a variety of professional print labs to broaden my choices.

Some images get printed on other materials like aluminum, acrylic, canvas, wood.

I've been happy with Epson's Photo Premium Luster paper, which I buy in 17 x 22 sheets a cut down, as needed. I tried Epson's Exhibition Fiber paper, but it just seems to be a double-weight version of Premium Luster at twice the price. For what it's worth, I print on an Epson 3880, for which Photoshop has all the right paper profiles.

I am just looking for something vibrant. I mean, I am sure if I was doing like black and white fine art prints or something, I would opt for different paper. For wildflowers and things with lots of color in them that I would like to accentuate with the print, I am trying to decide which style of paper would be best suited for a multitude of vibrant color. I assume something more reflective which is why I was thinking metallic ( and this is what I have always heard about metallic paper prints, but have not experienced that myself, so I figured I would ask around on here )

Most reactions

New Topics

Back