Printing Question!!!

fxjoeyy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a gallery opening once and saw the most amazingggggg prints. The work itself was not so great but the way it was printing blew my mind.

The prints, I believe was pasted onto a thicker board. The ink seemed thick and shiny. The image did not look flat at all like regular prints. The images popped out! I have been curious as to what the photographer did since that show, and I still can not figure out how and where it is printed. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm about to showcase my work in a gallery soon and would loveeeee to find out soon! Please and thank you! :heart:

You have just described every photo that comes from a quality professional lab. There's nothing special about it, and the thick cardboard was most likely cheap mounting from a professional framer, or the photographer may have had alot of time on his hands.

I'd have to see an example. There are more printing options available today than ever. Some of the older, labor intensive, less common processes have a look people aren't used to seeing these days. Dye transfer comes to mind. I would describe 99% of the dye transfer prints I've seen as "The work itself was not so great but the way it was printing blew my mind." ;) It's strange how rare it is for great craftmanship and great artistry to combine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back