Printing with Cannon Pixma 6600

JASvoboda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Question from a new user. My Cannon Pixma 6600 printer output has what looks like pooled ink, blotches, or moon craters on the dark areas of my prints. I am using fresh ink cartidges and various photo paper, glossy, matte, pro glossy. Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Are you choosing the correct paper type in the print set up? Do you have the latest version of the print drivers?

Are you choosing the correct paper type in the print set up? Do you have the latest version of the print drivers?
Thanks, Mike. The problem with photo paper is the brands all call their product something different from what Cannon's menu call it. I have tried Cannon paper though and have the same problem. I have not tried to look for any updated printer drivers. My printer may be two years old. Good tip, thank you.
One thing I have yet to try is cannon's "deep cleaning" process. I will try that also.

I only use Canon paper in my Canon Printer (I think it's a Pixma 4200). I tried some 'store brand' paper and the results were terrible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back