Problem with making my RAW’s looking as good as the jpg images in a specific scenario

Something like this?
$raw-edit.jpg

I would love to be able to double expose with my digital camera...
Nikon's D80, D90, D6xx, D7xxx, D300, D700, D800, and Dx DSLRs can make double (or multiple) exposures (not HDR, not bracketing).
All of the above Nikon DSLR's also have a built-in intervalometer.

I don't know about a multiple exposure feature in Canon DSLR cameras, but the last time I checked none of Canon's DSLRs have a built-in intervalometer.

Nice try, but I was looking for solution not a quick fix for just this image ^^

Yea: but the lasers don't look nearly as correct as the JPEG got them.

I'm still kinda thinking the JPEG was made by an HDR auto-mode.
Nope, it's a normal shot. My camera won't allow me to shoot hdr when I'm saving as RAW. I have to save as jpg only and switch the hdr setting for every single shot. If I shoot hdr I shoot bracked shots and put them together later.

Ahem.. I think I (a relative newbie) have found the answer.

The WB bracketing is "Not available at image quality settings that include NEF (RAW)".

I could not find any specific disclaimer under active D-lighting.
Hmm I dont know what WB bracketing is.. Anyone else know if this is causing the problem and can explain it more?

Hmmm.. interesting discussion. I am familiar with these crazy lights and it is hard to edit it. I always shoot it RAW only and I have never seen/didnt know that the on camera JPEG may give you a better result. It may not be the case for Canon though. I will check it out when I get home.

I'm shooting with a Nikon D5100, witch is definitely not good enough for this kind of low light shooting. I wonder if this is problem with my camera specific, if I still will have this problem when I get myself a D800.

The image was shot at 1/60s, f/1.8, 1250 iso, 35mm with flash (bounced) at 1/64 (I think)

If you just reduce the purple and blue saturation, and/or move the WB closer to 9K things get back in check.

If you just reduce the purple and blue saturation, and/or move the WB closer to 9K things get back in check.
Thanks! That really helped me out, I only tried to reduce the blue saturation not purple also..

Thanks! That really helped me out, I only tried to reduce the blue saturation not purple also..

yeah doing that pretty much got it looking like the jpg, so i didn't bother posting it.

Most reactions

Back