problem with my camera..

tekzero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.micahweber.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
for some reason my camera wont snap any pics...its acting as if there is no memory card in the camera... the no card icon is blinking inside the viewfinder, but the card is in there .. i tried another card and i got the same thing, its driving me nuts i cant take any pictures... i had unloaded pix from a card onto my computer... unplugged it... next day i have this problem, any thoughts?

camera is nikon d50

wow my back LCD wont even turn on, so i cant reformat...oye

I read about this awhile back and i'm doing my best to remember what it was. I don't think that it would be the camera, I remember that it had something to do with the memory card. go ahead try another one, I believe that will rectify the issue.
if it doesn't make sure everthing is clean, nikon has an ungodly durability to them.
if that does not work take it to your local camera shop (not retailers, they don't seem to know much).
take out battery (hard reset) ?i wouldn't doubt it if you've alrady done that?
if you're uploading the photo from camera to computer, it is beneficial for the life of your battery that you get a crad reader, reason is because there is only so many times you can recharge taht battery...

schnoobs... i tried 2 dif mem cards, same thing, also tried 2 dif fully charged batteries...

everything is clean... i called a Ritz and also a local place, both estimate around $175 for repair, but 6-8 weeks for an ETA of getting it back, ugh

Does the d50 use CF cards? If so, look inside the compartment and look for bent pins. Make sure if you have an aperature ring on the lens that it's on the auto setting too, I've freaked myself out a little bit before with my 50mm. I'm not sure why the LCD isn't working though, that would scare me a little bit.

Does the d50 use CF cards? If so, look inside the compartment and look for bent pins. Make sure if you have an aperature ring on the lens that it's on the auto setting too, I've freaked myself out a little bit before with my 50mm. I'm not sure why the LCD isn't working though, that would scare me a little bit.

I was gonna suggest the same thing.

I had the same type problem with my D70. Turned out to be the camera and had to be sent to Nikon for repair. There was a recall on the D70 so it did not cost anything. However, it was 4 to 5 weeks to get it back.

I would suggest checking the NikonUSA web site and see of there is anything on there.

Tim

there's a little switch on the top left side of the memory card that you can flip down to lock it...flip it down and flip it back up again to reset it

I had the same type problem with my D70. Turned out to be the camera and had to be sent to Nikon for repair. There was a recall on the D70 so it did not cost anything. However, it was 4 to 5 weeks to get it back.

I would suggest checking the NikonUSA web site and see of there is anything on there.

Tim

Did the D70 use a sensor made by Sony? Sony had a big recall of there 5.1 mp cameras due to a manufacturing defect. There was a class action suit that they had to get to force Sony to fix their problem. I heard that the same sensor was used on some Nikon cameras but didn't know which ones. You might want to see if your camera falls into this group. If it does, Sony will replace it free.

Did the D70 use a sensor made by Sony? Sony had a big recall of there 5.1 mp cameras due to a manufacturing defect. There was a class action suit that they had to get to force Sony to fix their problem. I heard that the same sensor was used on some Nikon cameras but didn't know which ones. You might want to see if your camera falls into this group. If it does, Sony will replace it free.

From what I understand it was not a sensor issue. It would not read the cards and then it would not "boot up". Just the green memory light flashing and nothing else. At first it was a hit and miss on if it would work... Once booted it might take a couple shots and then start flashing again. I would then have to remove the battery from the camera to get it to shut off. It then got to where it just stopped working at all.

Tim

thanks all for the answers, after much troubleshooting, i am sending it to nikon directly, shold be a quick turnaround

Most reactions

New Topics

Back