problem with nikon d3100?

guyz i have a prob with my nikon d3100..it has a black image at the upper picture. Actually whenever i tried to took a picture at first, it is ok, the image is good..but when i took another picture, that is where a black image found..i dont know if the problem is in the settings..i really dont know how to reset it.. please help me guyz..thanks!

guyz i have a prob with my nikon d3100..it has a black image at the upper picture. Actually whenever i tried to took a picture at first, it is ok, the image is good..but when i took another picture, that is where a black image found..i dont know if the problem is in the settings..i really dont know how to reset it.. please help me guyz..thanks!

You've given us very little to go on. Is your exposure compensation dialed down? Also, where are you located?

Try posting a photo so we can see what you are talking about, also post what settins your camera is using(I.e ISO / WB / F# / shutter speed the number before the F# (1/200)

388490_314667268550646_100000221259606_1509777_1566027405_n.jpg

this is the sample picture..
383346_314670125217027_100000221259606_1509813_999159397_n.jpg

The three values that are linked to form a triangle are shutter speed, aperture, and ISO (formerly ASA). If you change any of those three you will have to change AT LEAST one of the other two to maintain a properly exposed photograph.

Each of the three has side effects that all of us who have been around are accustomed to dealing with. Changing the ISO in a very dark room when the problem actually lies with the aperture and shutter speed settings is probably the worst solution to the problem. Yes, adjust the ISO when NECESSARY to obtain a proper exposure but not IN PLACE OF aperture and shutter speed.

Increasing ISO induces a lot of noise for various reasons. In dark areas that is far more noticeable than in light areas and will frequently render the photograph useless whereas using the shutter and aperture would have rendered a properly exposed photograph with no noise.

I agree with OrionsByte as well, that is a bad solution to the problem and his advice was solid. Sooner or later, if you plan to use a DSLR properly, you are going to have to learn the basics of exposure and when you do you'll realize what we are trying to tell you.

mmmm... is it taken with flash?

SCraig: it is not exposure, look at the black band in the top part of the picture...

mmmm... is it taken with flash?

SCraig: it is not exposure, look at the black band in the top part of the picture...
You're right ;) My response went into the wrong topic somehow. Sorry about that, ignore it entirely.

see this pic..
383346_314670125217027_100000221259606_1509813_999159397_n.jpg

yes.. i taken it w/ flash.. Actually whenever i tried to took a picture at first, it is ok, the image is good..but when i took another picture, that is where a black image found..wat will i do?

So, it could be a problem of flash synchronization: too fast shutter speed. If you are shooting in manual, stay below 1/250s or 1/200s (look in the manual for exact value). If you are using an external flash, the number could be lower (depending on cable or wireless trigger).

ianianian said:

see this pic..

I was just playing with my flash and brought the shutter speed up to 1/320 and got a picture like this except the black was at the bottom. Highest shutter speed for your camera is 1/200. Was the flash off camera? My camera won't go higher then 1/200 with the pop-up or with an external flash mounted on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back