Problem with wedding photographer

So, with no images to view, we're pretty much left with "You shouldn't have hired a crappy photographer".

Yeah, I think we can all agree on that...

OP, is there any particular reason you can't link to the photographer's website...? Unless you still want to try some sort of nice guy diplomatic route and are concerned about burning bridges.

Is it illegal to pm the photos to forum members?

Unless the OP comes back and links to the photos, this thread is pretty pointless...

Well I guess she could take notes for the next time she gets married. Do you have anything to offer that might actually help her out today?
Forget about it and get on with her life its not the end of the world

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Wow... I feel like I just wasted five minutes of my life reading this nonsense.
Off to watch Breaking Bad!

$meth-damon.jpg

Wow... I feel like I just wasted five minutes of my life reading this nonsense.
Off to watch Breaking Bad!

View attachment 56334

What can be done the photo are **** and there is no going back look to the future thinking about it will only make her more upset

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I was forwarded one of the images that someone saved. It wasn't good; harsh shadows in a photo taken in what looks like midday.

It's difficult to determine someone's proficiency based on a single photograph, but the photo, combined with what's already been said here, doesn't paint a pretty picture...

Just to update anyone interested: I have been attempting to contact the photographer all week, all emails have been ignored. I posted a message to her facebook page, it was deleted and I was de-friended. I've contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a complaint. Now, we wait and see what happens with that! I'm not holding my breath that we'll get the raw files that she said she would give us, but I hope we do! Thanks for all the advice/input. I'll keep you posted! :)

Post the Facebook link here and we'll handle it. :)

Lets not start any sort of internet war here. Let the OP handle it via proper channels. We don't want to get the forum involved in any legal dealings.

After all, we've only heard one side of the story.

Lets not start any sort of internet war here. Let the OP handle it via proper channels. We don't want to get the forum involved in any legal dealings.

After all, we've only heard one side of the story.

Exactly. Besides, let reddit handle your dirty work.

The BB is one angle but you might be needing to take your own legal council directly as the BB wheel might not only turn very slowly but might also require a greater body of reports before they act. Most lawyers will hear a case without charge, that is to say they'll let you pitch your case to them and provide their view on what's possible before you hire them. Ask a few and see what the costs, risks and possibilities are with taking your own legal action.

The lack of communication and the move to defriend and remove contact points is a very bad sign from the part of the photographer; whatever else happens keeping good communication is key in any dispute (no matter which side is in the right or wrong) when one side cuts off communication it breaks things down. Honestly the next contact they should get is either the BB (which as said might take time or never come) or a letter from your lawyer.

And fully agreed that we don't need a witch hunt. They do not solve things and often make situations far worse or even more complex (because they can then turn around and sue you for attempting to organise or starting such a campaign toward them).

Agree with Big Mike on don't do the internet war but handle it in a mature fashion then take here to judge Judy.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back