Problems with my 50mm 1.4 lens :(

AMOMENT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know I am struggling with my 50mm because it is a prime lens and requires me to move. This is not easy for me to do yet when I am working with a moving subject. However, when I do shoot a stationary subject with even a 5.6 aperture, 1/200 speed shutter, outdoors, from at least 7-8 feet away, my photos look incredibly blury! It is to the point that I am seeing such a distinct different from when I purchased the lens. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Last edited:
AMOMENT said:
I know I am struggling with my 50mm because it is a prime lens and requires me to move. This is not easy for me to do yet when I am working with a moving subject. However, when I do shoot a stationary subject with even a 5.6 aperture, 1/200 speed shutter, outdoors, from at least 7-8 feet away, my photos look incredibly blury! It is to the point that I am seeing such a distinct different from when I purcahsed the lens. Any ideas what might be the problem?

Can you post an example?

Have you done a focus test?

No, I haven't....how do I do that? I actually have to oplad some but I will do so asap

How are you focusing? Auto area, or are you choosing the point? Is it blur from focus, or motion blur?

I am choosing an AF point ....the center one most likely because it has cross points. I imagine there is some camera shake but I am shooting with fast shutter speeds to hopefully compensate for some of that.....

"incredibly blurry" on both still and moving subjects????

Have you checked the rear lens element for an accidental finger smudge on it??? That could easily be the problem. Or, maybe you are drinking 16-20 cups of coffee per day and have the shakes? lol

LOLOL....I will check and no, usually only 2 cups! haha! Still subject, actually!!

Hey, Derrel, will you check out some of my photos for CC? I trust your opinion. I know there is lots of improvement needed but would you let me know if you see any improvement?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back