problems with printing

swmocity

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't know what else to do or try...I shoot in raw then convert to jpeg... pictures look good on my screen but dosent print good at all...I've tried different color spaces to try to get them correct...some say to calibrate my screen...but ive made prints before with out the calibration and they came out fine...I'm starting to think sumthing is wrong with my camera...any ideas?

pics look fine here.. maybe its your printer?
I've printed pics with the same printer as I been using...they have looked fine previous times...but lately they don't look to good...I can't figure out why...that why I was thinking its my camera

i suppose it could be, but instead of looking at the most expensive part (because it will also be expensive to service) try all the cheaper things first... try taking a picture to one of those kodak kiosks you find in walmart.. they arent the greatest, but you at least get the idea.. if it looks crappy there straight from the camera, it could be... but my first suggestion is to calibrate your monitor

Well I work at walmart...In the photolab to be exact lol..I've printed from every machine possible...the main printer is a fuji printer...uses ink...and that's a bad ass printer...I've played with the setting on it and still no luck...but I don't understand how I got such good color prints before without screen calibration...sorry if I have misspelled words I'm posting from my phone...ill be home in a bit

I've even tried printing with tiff format instead of jpeg...maybe I just get a new monitor...I need one anway I still have the old style...none flat screen...

When looking at them on the screen are you looking at them full sized, or sized to fit the screen? What size are the files and what size are you trying to print too?

Also what is wrong with the prints? Whats different from on screen to the printed page?

When looking at them on the screen are you looking at them full sized, or sized to fit the screen? What size are the files and what size are you trying to print too?

Also what is wrong with the prints? Whats different from on screen to the printed page?
the size is like 2500x2300...its in the 2 thousand i know that, and im only printing 4x6's....well the colors seems to be very off...they look washed out and dull...

the size is like 2500x2300...its in the 2 thousand i know that, and im only printing 4x6's....well the colors seems to be very off...they look washed out and dull...

I don't think its what I was originally thinking. Without seeing the pic, and the print. Not sure what to say. Sorry. Only suggestion I have is without changing any settings go to a different computer. If it looks ok on that monitor, then its something in the printing process.

I don't think its what I was originally thinking. Without seeing the pic, and the print. Not sure what to say. Sorry. Only suggestion I have is without changing any settings go to a different computer. If it looks ok on that monitor, then its something in the printing process.
what did u think it was?

what did u think it was?

I was thinking file size and maybe printing too big. But I think the fuji prints at around 305 dpi equavilant (or the older machines used too). So a file at 2,000 wide by 2,400 (roughly sized) should look just fine 4x6.

Did you change any settings on your camera like color space if it has that option? Or any settings lately (since your last good pics)? Scratch that, you said shot raw. Did you change color space in your software on the computer (specifically when you were converting your raw pictures)?

Last edited:
I was thinking file size and maybe printing too big. But I think the fuji prints at around 305 dpi equavilant (or the older machines used too). So a file at 2,000 wide by 2,400 (roughly sized) should look just fine 4x6.

Did you change any settings on your camera like color space if it has that option? Or any settings lately (since your last good pics)?

not that i know of i have always kept it on sRGB...if i shoot in raw does the color space apply to the raw images as well...or only when i shoot jpeg?

not that i know of i have always kept it on sRGB...if i shoot in raw does the color space apply to the raw images as well...or only when i shoot jpeg?

No, not in raw, you must have missed my edit. Its applied in when raw is converted.

No, not in raw, you must have missed my edit. Its applied in when raw is converted.
o ok yea i did lol...but yea the sRGB was the default...i dont know though...ill try to figure it out

Could you tell us specifically what is off on your prints?

- Color?
- Fuzziness?
- Brightness?
- Other?

You said you are printing the JPEGs, yes?

I can't see any reason to think there is something wrong with your camera if the images look fine to you on-screen.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back