Professional digital SLR camera?

I friend of mine worked in a lab where they did real chemistry and stuff. He was all about how he could stack tubes and use backwards lenses and do 10 focal plane macros. I was like, "Uh, moar beer?!"

I always find it interesting that my two main areas of interest, wildlife and macro, have two startling different average kinds of photographer. The wildlife lot generally know what direction to point the camera, how to go where they need to but often have very little technical understanding of what they are doing (or technical confidence) - there are a lot more gut feelings and people that know how to do something but not really how to tell others.
Flip to macro and most of them can talk your arm, leg and most of your other leg off with technical details about what they are doing, how they are doing it, why, what the theories are etc.....

It's two very different mindsets and approaches and yet the results from either camp can be just as outstanding as each other.

OP mentioned "fashion photography", so that implies a trip to bestbuy or an amazon online order, starter dslr and a kit lens, a TTL flash, and its all good! And then an umbrella from craigslist or ebay when things get real serious and heated with our model types
bigthumb.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back