Professional Printing Finish?

Richard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raeelle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Usually I include the CD of the high res files with my sessions but am starting to include prints and am wondering what is the most professional look to a photograph? What extras should I have done for the best quality photograph? I'm not looking for any mounting options. I am just trying to figure out if I should add texture spray or lustre coating? I will be using a pro lab that prints on Kodak Endura paper.

Also is it worth the money to pay for "full color correction" when ordering the photos? I calibrate my monitor routinely.

Thanks.

I don't know who does good printing in Charlotte but JW Photo Labs in Raleigh is AMAZING. I could ask around some of my pro contacts in Charlotte if you'd like.

Anyway, I don't really understand the "full color correction" thing. That makes no sense to me. Either they're changing your edit, or their system isn't calibrated. Because if their workflow is calibrated and so is your monitor, the prints should more or less match the screen no matter what.

Paper finishes are simply a matter of personal preference. I nearly always prefer gloss for color prints but there are pently of people who love semi gloss/lustre.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm thinking of using an online lab, Bay Photo. Well on their price sheet they offer, color correction for about double the price if not more, but I'm guessing I shouldn't waste the money on that if I calibrate my monitor?

I guess as far as the paper and finish I will need to firgure out my own taste.

Most reactions

Back