What's new

Progress?

In our quaint little neck of the woods, if the power company or other utility does an eminent domian heist of one's land, they must remove the property in its entirety, and if possible, either replace with an equal number of trees originally calculated to be a part of the original structure (x # board feet), on that spot or another designated by the state. If it is a non-wooden structure, while it still must be removed, no tree of other foliage replacement is required. It kind of kills shooting the old barns gig, but makes for a far more pleasant view whilst hiking through the woods.
Wow, I'm not sure about the specific requirements around here but I do know that some kept the bulk of their land, some sold it all and some sold the land but moved their houses (one got stuck on a bridge down the road from us lol)
Ah yes!! I do like it in black and white! Thanks for the edit!
I think it achieves minimizing the impact of the red barn and it maintains the two wind turbines bookending the barn and gives a reference for the turbine in the center that appears to be chewing away at the barn. I think that may be what is missing for me in Lew's crop, we have lost those turbines and in turn the one in the center becomes almost unidentifiable.
 
Oh and Runnah.... Canadamansion? roflmao|!!!
 
In our quaint little neck of the woods, if the power company or other utility does an eminent domian heist of one's land, they must remove the property in its entirety, and if possible, either replace with an equal number of trees originally calculated to be a part of the original structure (x # board feet), on that spot or another designated by the state. If it is a non-wooden structure, while it still must be removed, no tree of other foliage replacement is required. It kind of kills shooting the old barns gig, but makes for a far more pleasant view whilst hiking through the woods.
Wow, I'm not sure about the specific requirements around here but I do know that some kept the bulk of their land, some sold it all and some sold the land but moved their houses (one got stuck on a bridge down the road from us lol)
Ah yes!! I do like it in black and white! Thanks for the edit!
I think it achieves minimizing the impact of the red barn and it maintains the two wind turbines bookending the barn and gives a reference for the turbine in the center that appears to be chewing away at the barn. I think that may be what is missing for me in Lew's crop, we have lost those turbines and in turn the one in the center becomes almost unidentifiable.

As we both experience the same weather for 95% of the year I find that flat gray days like that any color is just useless and just losing it all together makes for a better overall feel.
 
Haha, yes I caught that ;)
Great point about the light and black and white you are absolutely right. I find that my biggest fight with editing pictures from days like this is I feel like I'm fighting against the colours, they are always on the verge of muddy. That will stick in my mind now, thank you :)
 
Haha, yes I caught that ;)
Great point about the light and black and white you are absolutely right. I find that my biggest fight with editing pictures from days like this is I feel like I'm fighting against the colours, they are always on the verge of muddy. That will stick in my mind now, thank you :)

I have a new rule, November - March only B&W.
 
Hi Matt and welcome to TPF! I see you are in my neck of the woods(ish). Thanks for the suggestion on the contrast, I agree, I adjusted the contrast a bit and came up with this:


Ha, yeah, I'm pretty close to the US border, but there are all kinds of scenes similar to this just off the 401 between Windsor and London.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom