What's new

Progress?

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This shot actually is a quite accurate commentary on the local area. When they put the new lines in a lot of people gave up their land and obviously farming near the station is becoming a bygone era. There is rural decay everywhere you look... and towers and wind turbines towering and looming.
Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

 
Thanks John, the road this barn is on is one abandoned place after another, it is going to take me a long time to get them all. The area is just slowly going to decay with a few here and there that are sticking it out.
 
I like the balance of the composition, but I think I'd like to see a bit more contrast. Nice photo.
 
Dust in the wind. We are all dust in the wind.
 
Hi Matt and welcome to TPF! I see you are in my neck of the woods(ish). Thanks for the suggestion on the contrast, I agree, I adjusted the contrast a bit and came up with this:

 
Wow, thanks Steven! and a big welcome to TPF for you too!
 
I like the composition as well although I wish the camera was a tad bit higher to getspace between the rundown building and the base of the power lines.
 
I really like this photo, for me the compsition is great. The only thing that lightly buggs me is I find my eye drawn to the red barn on the left.

It seems to be the way at the moment with a lot of places, over here you can see power lines and wind turbines springing up all over the place, and where they are not you can be assured that the council will put up some daft street signs in some otherwise lovley places.
 
I like the concept but the original has so many little things to look at that I lose the feeling of isolation and something going on somewhere else and not here.

My inclination in shooting this would have been to simplify it so that there isn't that much to look at to reinforce the feeling of nothing happening.

8531470615_2c3cf661f5_bllll.jpg
 
Thanks guys :)

Thanks for the edit Lew and the suggestions Jake and Weepete. Lew I'm almost there with you on that crop but it feels a little bit crowded on the right to me now but I like how it simplifies things. Weepete I agree about the red on the barn drawing the eye. I think you both are on the same wavelength here and it has me wondering if B&W might work to get rid of the red and "simplify" things further.
 
In our quaint little neck of the woods, if the power company or other utility does an eminent domian heist of one's land, they must remove the property in its entirety, and if possible, either replace with an equal number of trees originally calculated to be a part of the original structure (x # board feet), on that spot or another designated by the state. If it is a non-wooden structure, while it still must be removed, no tree of other foliage replacement is required. It kind of kills shooting the old barns gig, but makes for a far more pleasant view whilst hiking through the woods.
 
$canadamansion.webp

some tweaks
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom