What's new

Project 365 collection

yea, Bitter touched on some of the reasons why i stopped, firstly it was because, although i was getting good shots, i just didn't have the time to take photos other than snapshots due to school + track and field, which would make me go home after dark. ALso, i found that it just took me a while to sort through them and set them up on the computer, and upload and such.

I guess i'm too lazy to do this, but i wish i had the time to spend to do this, maybe im just making excuses, idk, but i feel like taking pictures inside often makes them look like snapshots..

I am on Day 3 and I am finding it pretty hard as well. Its to cold to go outside right now and I cant get any good lighting inside. I hope I am able to set something up so I can get good lighting for macro shots when I get my SB600.
 
I guess i'm too lazy to do this, but i wish i had the time to spend to do this, maybe im just making excuses, idk, but i feel like taking pictures inside often makes them look like snapshots..

Then you already know something you need to work on. :thumbup:


The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
 
Oooooh! A thread like that for everyone to post in would be awesome.

Then we can watch them drop like flies.

I usually find your posts very informative, although sometimes i just love your attitude...:roll::waiting:

But it's the truth, isn't it?
I wonder what the success rate of 365 projects is.

It's a very difficult thing to do. It can be even more rewarding than it is difficult.

I have seen people talk about doing it, as if it is a status symbol.

I have seen completed 365's that are merely snapshots, from begining to end.

I have seen a few where you see absolute genius develop.

Otahyoni, I am sorry you don't like when I post a little bit of reality.

I agree with you. However I want to push myself and I will NOT sink to the level of snapshots. No way, no how! haha This will be a great task for me and I know if I remember everyday I will make some time and get it done. Won't see me dropping like a fly! :lol:
 
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.
The 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively.

This would be the main reason for so doing - pushing you to take that shot even if you don't feel like it, with the objective to make it more than just a snapshot.
 
Oooooh! A thread like that for everyone to post in would be awesome.

Then we can watch them drop like flies.

I usually find your posts very informative, although sometimes i just love your attitude...:roll::waiting:

But it's the truth, isn't it?
I wonder what the success rate of 365 projects is.

It's a very difficult thing to do. It can be even more rewarding than it is difficult.

I have seen people talk about doing it, as if it is a status symbol.

I have seen completed 365's that are merely snapshots, from begining to end.

I have seen a few where you see absolute genius develop.

Otahyoni, I am sorry you don't like when I post a little bit of reality.

I didn't say you were wrong. I'll probably drop out myself eventually as well...:blushing: Perhaps I was just in a bad mood.... :neutral:

I like your work and thank you for your advice. :thumbup:
 
I usually find your posts very informative, although sometimes i just love your attitude...:roll::waiting:

But it's the truth, isn't it?
I wonder what the success rate of 365 projects is.

It's a very difficult thing to do. It can be even more rewarding than it is difficult.

I have seen people talk about doing it, as if it is a status symbol.

I have seen completed 365's that are merely snapshots, from begining to end.

I have seen a few where you see absolute genius develop.

Otahyoni, I am sorry you don't like when I post a little bit of reality.

I didn't say you were wrong. I'll probably drop out myself eventually as well...:blushing: Perhaps I was just in a bad mood.... :neutral:

I like your work and thank you for your advice. :thumbup:

Ah, you were put in a bad mood because you identified with the fly.
Don't be the fly!

A little tip for 365'ers: Think about stuff to shoot, and experiments to try. Think about it often, and WRITE IT DOWN. Work on getting a list of easier challenges and harder challenges. Save them for when you can't come up with something, don't have much time, or have plenty of time. Go over the list occasionally, and see if any tangent ideas pop up. List unsuccesful attempts and revisit them later. Nobody said every shot has to be a unique idea.

Good luck!

My fly swatter is within reach.

Thanks for the compliment. I have a long way to go.
I owe a lot to the brutally honest people that were here when I started.
:thumbup:
 
I think this sounds like an outstanding idea!!
... and I agree, it doesn't necessarily have to start at the beginning of a new year. We could start it say, at the beginnng of a new month.

Just to toss some ideas up in the air for discussion...

- Start a ''pre-thread," if you will, with the rules and the start date of the "365 collection'' This could give plenty of time for people to sign up to join the game. Once the New thread "365 day Collection" actually starts, post the rules, including that only that people allowed to participate are those that signed up. Other people should be able to comment of course, but this way there will be a way to keep track of people participating in the game from the start.

- Something like - if you miss a day of posting.. you're out... OR those that post the most days win.

- I don't think there necessarily has to be a prize, bragging rights is enough... lol...

And playing this game-It's not like ''Who's the BEST" which is just good fun. :D

- To make it a little more interesting - we could do something like the monthly photo contest... pick a vague topic every day, let participant's ideas run wild... then obviously, post the photo based on the subject of the day.

just some thoughts... What do you guys think?

Any other ideas? Has someone already started this thread?
 
I am giving up already until I get a better flash

Oh c'mon it's just for fun.... expirementation purposes only...

It's not like we're going for a metal here... :lol:

I know but I am sick of getting frustrated every night because I can not get proper lighting to do anything! I have ideas for pictures I just cant take them. I am going to get the flash soon and just start over.
 
I just typed a whole bunch.
Decided I shouldn't have bothered.


*shakes head and walks away*

[edit]

I know but I am sick of getting frustrated every night because I can not get proper lighting to do anything! I have ideas for pictures I just cant take them. I am going to get the flash soon and just start over.

Give up instead of finding creative answers to your problem?
List those shots you want to do later, and do them later.

You know, a lot of innovation has come from "working with what you have."
Not having everything you need often helps push boundries.
 
Last edited:
I guess you're right. I got to start doing this before work instead of after so I can go outside for a bit.
 
Or run your images through an editing software..... shoot in RAW and edit in something like lightroom.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom