What's new

Project 365 collection

Dumb question is there are theme or does anything go? I need practice and something challenging aside from my 3 year old, who is very challenging at times...LOL.
 
Why don't you think of things to do with other lighting options?
What about lighting a scene with Xmas lights? Think outside the box.
EXPERIMENT!

I know I come off as a dick a lot. I know I can't give technical advice.
But I do know about creative thinking. It's my job.
It's sad to see so many people that can't think past their nose.
(not a slam on you darkhunter, just a generalization)
It's sad to see people can't come up with the right questions to ask themselves to push further.

Keep going DH. Make what you have work. Use extraordinary things to your advantage. And good luck.

Dumb question is there are theme or does anything go? I need practice and something challenging aside from my 3 year old, who is very challenging at times...LOL.
No there is no theme. Doing a 365 is about pushing yourself to think creatively, and grow as an artist.
 
I've started one, started on the 5th though! LMAO! I knew I wanted to do it just hadn't had time to set it all up.

Mine is a bit different... I'm not forcing myself to take a photo EVERY day. I'm going for any kind of improvement... Whether that is learning how a new gadget works, learning how to do something in Photoshop, reading a book on photography and understanding more than I used to... Something that shows I am growing. So far the first day and today I've had photos, but they went along with something I learned and/or made. So it's not just about the photo... But what goes into it as well.
 
If you are doing this to improve your photography that is great.

I also have an idea for the newer photographers that want to improve. Have the older photographers come up with assignments of what to shoot. This is the type of thing they had us do in photography school. For example, motion, a photograph depecting motion. You post your images then they are critiqued. How does that sound?
 
If you are doing this to improve your photography that is great.

I also have an idea for the newer photographers that want to improve. Have the older photographers come up with assignments of what to shoot. This is the type of thing they had us do in photography school. For example, motion, a photograph depecting motion. You post your images then they are critiqued. How does that sound?

I agree... this sounds like a great idea!! :thumbup:

When does it start and under what thread category will it be placed under? :mrgreen:
 
Last edited:
For what its worth I am trying to participate, but the reality is that job, and crappy camera on the road are severely limiting factors. It is a great challenge though which I hope will help me develop a bit and definetely push me to find an interesting photo each day. I started a little blog in TPF and am curious how well I can keep up with it. Kinda of an almost consecutive 365. Cheating a little for sure but still a good challenge for developing skills I wouldn't normally have.
 
If you are doing this to improve your photography that is great.

I also have an idea for the newer photographers that want to improve. Have the older photographers come up with assignments of what to shoot. This is the type of thing they had us do in photography school. For example, motion, a photograph depecting motion. You post your images then they are critiqued. How does that sound?


I think that is a great idea. I think this has sorta been done in another thread but it didn't go anywhere. I like the idea though.
 
I'm interested. I would love to get constant feedback on my images and progress.

I started my 365 because I feel I'm in a "photo funk". Currently I don't feel like I am growing creatively, or technically. My plan is to use the 365 as a vehicle to get out and shoot. I've been sitting reading books and forums too long. It’s time to put it to use.

In dealing with my "photo funk", I posted on another forum and most found the thought of a 365 to be silly, which I can respect. I think it's insane in some respects too.

The feeling that I get is that most people feel a 365 should be series of 365 of your best pictures. Seriously, who can do that? Most people shoot 100's to 1000's to get something special. I don't think it’s about that. As Bitter Jeweler said...It's about pushing yourself.

Will all of my photos be good? No! I would imagine that most are going to be junk. Personally my goal is to improve creatively and technically. Hopefully at the end, I will be able to look back and see an improvement.

Working full time and dealing with daily crap will obviously have an impact on what you produce. Taking the time to plan things out and thinking out of the box is where things are going to happen for me.

Now the pressure is on and I find myself thinking about the different way things would look from changes in perspective as well as shifts in lighting. The change in mindset is intriguing. I really wasn’t in the habit before starting the 365.

Will I finish? Who knows? I do know that I am going to give it my damnedest. I may be one the flies dropping. If that's the case it will be because I found another way to improve, or the 365 just isn't allowing progress I would like.

I'm only 6 days in and it’s not easy. Hopefully the rewards will overshadow the pain. I can already see a change in the way I see things and I have opened up a whole set of avenues to explore.

Go for it if you have been thinking about it. If a 365 isn't your cup of tea, find out what is. A 52, a 12, or just setting new goals...Do it! Whatever you start...Give it a decent shot...You just might learn something about yourself.

BTW: I too am a Bitter Follower….
If anyone is interested...My 365 is linked in my signature.

Thanks for reading.
 
I was talking to my DH about it and he thought it would be cool to pick a theme for the month and try and photograph things that expressed that theme. I'm still considering it.
 
so its jan 12.. is it to late for me to start project 365?.. i wanna make a new project and make it known now lol
 
so its jan 12.. is it to late for me to start project 365?.. i wanna make a new project and make it known now lol

You can start whenever, just make sure you hit every day for 365. :)
 
I wonder how many are still doing this, and how many dried up flies are on the window sill.v
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom