Project 365 collection

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by bahandi, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Darkhunter139

Darkhunter139 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    That sounds like a cool idea, id would take part in that for sure.

2. itsjustbrandy

itsjustbrandy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I agree... this sounds like a great idea!! :thumbup:

When does it start and under what thread category will it be placed under? :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  3. Heretotherephoto

Heretotherephoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    For what its worth I am trying to participate, but the reality is that job, and crappy camera on the road are severely limiting factors. It is a great challenge though which I hope will help me develop a bit and definetely push me to find an interesting photo each day. I started a little blog in TPF and am curious how well I can keep up with it. Kinda of an almost consecutive 365. Cheating a little for sure but still a good challenge for developing skills I wouldn't normally have.

4. Heretotherephoto

Heretotherephoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I think that is a great idea. I think this has sorta been done in another thread but it didn't go anywhere. I like the idea though.

5. Unspoiled

Unspoiled TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm interested. I would love to get constant feedback on my images and progress.

I started my 365 because I feel I'm in a "photo funk". Currently I don't feel like I am growing creatively, or technically. My plan is to use the 365 as a vehicle to get out and shoot. I've been sitting reading books and forums too long. It’s time to put it to use.

In dealing with my "photo funk", I posted on another forum and most found the thought of a 365 to be silly, which I can respect. I think it's insane in some respects too.

The feeling that I get is that most people feel a 365 should be series of 365 of your best pictures. Seriously, who can do that? Most people shoot 100's to 1000's to get something special. I don't think it’s about that. As Bitter Jeweler said...It's about pushing yourself.

Will all of my photos be good? No! I would imagine that most are going to be junk. Personally my goal is to improve creatively and technically. Hopefully at the end, I will be able to look back and see an improvement.

Working full time and dealing with daily crap will obviously have an impact on what you produce. Taking the time to plan things out and thinking out of the box is where things are going to happen for me.

Now the pressure is on and I find myself thinking about the different way things would look from changes in perspective as well as shifts in lighting. The change in mindset is intriguing. I really wasn’t in the habit before starting the 365.

Will I finish? Who knows? I do know that I am going to give it my damnedest. I may be one the flies dropping. If that's the case it will be because I found another way to improve, or the 365 just isn't allowing progress I would like.

I'm only 6 days in and it’s not easy. Hopefully the rewards will overshadow the pain. I can already see a change in the way I see things and I have opened up a whole set of avenues to explore.

Go for it if you have been thinking about it. If a 365 isn't your cup of tea, find out what is. A 52, a 12, or just setting new goals...Do it! Whatever you start...Give it a decent shot...You just might learn something about yourself.

BTW: I too am a Bitter Follower….
    If anyone is interested...My 365 is linked in my signature.

Thanks for reading.

6. stone_family3

stone_family3 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was talking to my DH about it and he thought it would be cool to pick a theme for the month and try and photograph things that expressed that theme. I'm still considering it.

7. lakers808

lakers808 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    so its jan 12.. is it to late for me to start project 365?.. i wanna make a new project and make it known now lol

8. zeto88

zeto88 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You can start whenever, just make sure you hit every day for 365. :)

9. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I wonder how many are still doing this, and how many dried up flies are on the window sill.v

10. rufus5150

rufus5150 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm still going on mine... started Jan first. Inspiration comes and it goes, but I'm trying to push something with each shot be it terms of composition, lighting, shooting at extreme narrow DOF, shoot abstract, a new post technique, etc. My only fear is that sometimes I get an idea in my head and DON'T shoot it because I already 'made my shot' for the day.

Some days you just have to click the shutter and deposit the photo, too. I'd say 90% of mine are shot between 10pm and 11:50pm :D

The one thing I have noticed is that I've seen a marked improvement in my ability to pre-visualize a shot and realize it in a fewer number of takes.

11. Insanity

Insanity TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

::Flutters around on the window sill::

Traveling too much took me out pretty early (3-4 weeks outta 5 I'm outta town)... Thinking maybe a 52 would be easier to fit in sometime.

12. burstintoflame81

burstintoflame81 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I may start one of these too. I mean you can really do anything, the point is to push yourself and also teach yourself to do it professionally. Even days where you don't feel like shooting, if someone paid you to show up, you need to do it and do it well enough that they get their moneys worth. So maybe I will do a Project 30.

BTW - I am not a bitter follower per se, but I do enjoy some of his posts. Except when I'm on the receiving end. Seems you have a fanclub, Bitter. By the way, do you know who Jim the Anvil Neidhart is?