Project 365

I

Iron Flatline

Hi all.

I'm about to start a Project 365, probably a few days into January. (I have to get three kids from LA to Berlin on Jan 3rd, a reasonable start date is Jan 6.)

As you might infer from the name, it is a daily shot with a common theme.

My goal will be to shoot a person, using strobe/flash lights. It might not always be a person, or I might use only available light, but ultimately it will have to be at least one of the two ingredients, and hopefully both as often as possible.

I wanted to let people know in case anyone else wants to start a Project 365 (or Project 52) because a group dynamic tends to motivate me. I assume others have different photographic goals, everyone should set theirs pending on the skills to be improved.

The point is: state a goal, and SHOOT every day. Not post a second version from a session the day before. You have to SHOOT.

Let me know if anyone is up for it. I'll be posting on Flickr as well as here.

Hey, the category idea is wonderful. How did you pick these?

Just sat for about 45 minutes and started brain dumping ideas, I think it'll keep it fresh and interesting enough to give me a boost - and hopefully 365 pictures.

I have it hanging on my wall at work so I can check them off as they are completed.

I'm doing Project 52 and starting the first week as well. I'm not sure about a pattern quite yet. I've been looking through PhotoXopher crazy elaborate collection to start getting some ideas, I'm stoked! But with being in school and working two jobs, 365 is too high for me. Maybe 2011! Happy Shooting boys! Can't wait to see!

This is a good idea, but I think I am going to do a Project 182. As of now the themes are undecided but I will figure one out or steal some from PhotoXopher.
Alex

This is a good idea, but I think I am going to do a Project 182. As of now the themes are undecided but I will figure one out or steal some from PhotoXopher.
Alex
Oh, push yourself... make it 183 ;-)

I have no idea how I'm even going to fill 52... never mind 365...

Alright, I will. I have only had my dslr for 3 months so I am hoping to stick to this because a full year of shooting every other day would help me improve A LOT. Then I can go back and look at all 183.
Alex

This is honestly a great idea, and I personally can not wait to try it :)

i wonder if anybody did a project 366 instead of 365 :idea:
i think ill do this on the year 2012 :greendev:
that is if the world would still be there by the time:lmao:

I was toying witht the idea as well, and in the end I decided it would be the best thing for me! I am looking to start 01/01/10 as well. This might help me focus in on what types of photography I like more so I will defiantly give it a go!

Side note.... I might have hit a little snafu in my plans..... I will be flying to Texas on the 20th a January, no internet or way to post the pictures for those few days I will be on the road trip back up... hmm

Last edited:
Side note.... I might have hit a little snafu in my plans..... I will be flying to Texas on the 20th a January, no internet or way to post the pictures for those few days I will be on the road trip back up... hmm
Maybe commit to post at least once a week???

I work 24-hour shifts and don't always have reliable internet or time to PP / upload. Then there's that long weekend family reunion and the ensuing two-week road trip coming up in June..... I've decided to make this project fit my lifestyle. My modifications are: 1) shoot as many days as possible, 2) have 1 theme and 7 photos for each week, 3) upload at least once a week.

Just wanted to say happy new years to everyone and good luck on your 365 projects. It takes a significant amount of effort and discipline to stick to a long term project. Applaud all those that make an attempt.

I'd be lucky to make it past a single month...

I plan on starting project 365 tomorrow (1/1/10). Do you think I should post the pictures on my current blog or start a new blog just for project 365? To be honest I really don't want to have another blog to maintain. However, I wondered if later on when I post Day 100 if new comers will know what in the world I'm doing. Any suggestions.

I plan on a picture a day but only posting the pics about once a week or so. There's no way I have time to post every day.

Iron Flat....have you started a group in flicker or here? I'd love to be part of your group. I'll need all the motivating I can get. :) Thanks!

There are a number of Groups on Flickr for 365s, I will see what I join and/or whether we start a new one.

Re new Photoblog: Wordpress.com just announced another Photoblog template today. You can start a blog there for free, though certain fun features cost a few bucks per year and are worth spending. I will start shooting right away, and will back-fill a new 365 blog as soon as i get some quiet time in the New Year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back