Project 52 (Self Portrait)

cmarie87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a part of a Project 52 Group in my local area. The theme we worked on this week is the self portrait. I like instructing others into poses, and I've been complemented on how easy I make it... yet trying to follow my own direction was a little tough. Ha! Set up in my living room. The late afternoon sunlight is pretty awesome in there. Laid out a white jacket to act as an impromptu reflector to counter my shadow on the wall. After a few pose and outfit change-ups, I decided I liked this one the best. Definitely have lots to work on.

Canon xsi
50mm 1.8
ISO 400
f/4
ss 1/50
Just a couple small edits in CS4: reduced reds, cloned spots on wall

$IMG_3904_fb.jpg

IMO It looks a tad washed out. The shirt and the eyes especially. I edited it a little in Lightroom.

This is just the way I would have done it.

$TPF-1.jpg

****edit****

Now that I upload it, I don't know if I really helped or hurt it. I can tell what I did, but that's because I did it. Ill leave it up anyway

IMO It looks a tad washed out. The shirt and the eyes especially. I edited it a little in Lightroom.

Thanks! I like portions of your edit. Care to share what you did? :)

Thanks! I like portions of your edit. Care to share what you did? :)

Yes I sure will

I bumped the exposure down, darkened the shadows a bit, and darkened the whites.

I added a radial filter over your face to brighten it up the face after those edits.

The last thing I did was dodge and burn a very very small amount on the eyes to bring them out a little bit.

I'm in no way saying I'm good at post processing, that's just the approach I took

No offense, I like what TW did. Nice job on post. For the pose, comes off like your un-comfortable. but maybe it's just me.

Agreed on the fingers. Just the tip of the elbow was bothering me a little too. So I moved the crop just a little and added a graduated filter.
$IMG_3904_fb-5.jpg

Last edited:
I took a stab at it. Clarity +14/ Vibrance +57/ Saturation +5 Contrast -4. Some minor curves adjustments. Took out a bit of red from the skin tones, messed with the jacket's blues.

I tried to make it a bit more saturated and color-rich.

I took a stab at it. Clarity +14/ Vibrance +57/ Saturation +5 Contrast -4. Some minor curves adjustments. Took out a bit of red from the skin tones, messed with the jacket's blues.

View attachment 66182

I tried to make it a bit more saturated and color-rich.

Huge improvement over the original Darrel. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back