What's new

Project for my wife (C&C)

scorpion_tyr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
579
Reaction score
60
Location
Longview, Texas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a little something I made for my wife. It looks good to me, but it's 3am right now so I might not have the best judgment. I'd really like to know what you guys think and if there's anything I can do to make it a little better. Thanks!

IMG_8648e5.jpg
 
That is genius!

The way that "love" is just out of the shaddow and the shaddow makes a heart.

I cant judge the actual image because I am a complete noob, but the idea is impressive, good work!
 
That's a brilliant idea! But please, the next time, scale down the picture:P Also, maybe you want to crop out a bit of the left side of the picture.
 
She'll love this regardless of any technical issues. I think someone might get lucky!
What I would like to see is more of the heart shadow and maybe a little cropping on the left but still a wonderful picture in itself.
 
If my husband ever came up with something like this, I'd fall over! This is great! It'd be neat if you could maybe have the whole heart shadow in the picture? The bottom is cut off. But I don't know that it would be better that way. It looks great like it is.
 
WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?I think its great. You put lots of thought into it. I dont think it needs cropped much at all and it is good as-is. Creative, suggestive, and well composed. Its a keeper! Its an Halmark card lol!
 
Seen this a few times before, still impresses me, the full shaddow would have been nicer though
i like how you showed the word love in the book, sorry i cant be more constructive I gtg now.
 
Thanks for the responses! The wife loved it, so I earned a lot of brownie points :lol:

The bottom of the heart is cut off for two reasons. The first is because the angle of the light made the bottom of the heart stretch out a lot farther than the rest of it. There's a lot more to the heart than it appears.

Second is because after spending too much time trying to get the whole thing in there, and have everything else just how I wanted I realized that I was actually trying to make the words "love" and "faith" the main subject of the photograph, so I gave up on trying to fit the whole heart in there.

Thanks again for all the post! I might try this again sometime if I can find some other words that will work as well.
 
Go for it! I will warn you, it took about 4 hours of searching through 3 different Bibles to find "love" on the edge like that. I just got really lucky with "faith" being right under it.
 
Been done before but yours came out great.
 
Thanks! I wasn't trying to be completely original. It was way too late at night to try that. I just wanted to really take my time composing a shot and earn some brownie points to try to buy my way out of the dog house :lol:
 
WOW,i think it's genuis too. glad she loved it,she MUST;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom