No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$10285388_894000243950866_3633758139966286583_o.jpg

Hey guys!

A few months ago, I applied for a grant through University of Maryland. I found out about a month ago that I got it! Here is the result:

On June 10, 2014, we set out from Maryland to Glacier National Park in Montana before turning south and passing through Yellowstone National Park, then hitting Grand Tetons National Park. From here, we start the last leg of the adventure visiting the Badlands on our way back home.

At the end of it all, we will have racked up more than 5,000 miles on the odometer, checked off four must-see destinations from our leap lists, spent 20 days in a car and 20 nights on..well..something, I'm sure. The journey will be long, tedious, and surely grueling at times, but most of all, it will be amazing, awe-inspiring, and soul-enriching.

We will walk away with a car full of (barely-)food wrappers, a journal full of scribbles, a mind full of renewed wonder, and the most comprehensive infrared photo series of the United States natural attractions that the world has ever seen.

I will use this post to post updates up to our (quickly approaching!) departure date, and throughout the entire journey. So, I hope you'll follow along!

Best,
Mark

The first of many shipments came in today!

ynasudub.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm sure it will all happen faster than we can imagine. So, before you know it!

I do have one call to action: We are still looking for hosts (we're not looking for fancy. We could be shoved in closets for the night. :) ) in:

$Screen shot 2014-05-31 at 12.01.00 PM.jpg
Northeastern or Central Montana
Eastern Wyoming
Southwestern or Central South Dakota

If anyone knows anyone living in those areas and doesn't mind putting up a couple ramblers for the night, please reply or PM me! Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hey guys!

I just wanted to stop in with an update! We left 9:30 AM Eastern time yesterday and made it to Round Lake, Illinois by 7:30 PM Central time. A kind could by the names of Jason and Misty let us stay with them and their three boys.

They fed us dinner, fed us breakfast, and kindly sent us on our way. They're some of the kindest folks I've come across!

I'm writing this to you from Alexandria, Minnesota driving full force into a thunderstorm.

We've put 1242 miles on the odometer in roughly 30 hours! Nuts. By tomorrow night, we will officially be in Glacier, Montana, and the real fun will begin. See you then!

Ps. If anyone has contacts out near there, we are still on the lookout for hosts for the nights in Montana.

Best,
Mark

Also, you can get a more in-depth following on Facebook: fb.com/projectinfrascape or on Twitter: @MWPProductions, #projectinfrascape

Mark

Hey guys! Sorry I've been gone for a while. There's no cell service in any of the parks. But we are officially on the back swing heading through Wisconsin towards Chicago. No edited photos yet, but here are some from my phone to hopefully spark your interest. :

vemy6ehu.jpg

8a5esyda.jpg

4a8ygy7u.jpg

unubyta8.jpg

Much more to come!
Mark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back