Promenade....just curious

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So this is a picture I took a few weeks ago. It's now part of the exhibit our photography class is having. It's part of a series, so maybe I shouldn't post this on its own. But I'm just curious what you guys/girls think, because I like it, but I can totally understand if someone doesn't. So let's hear it!

No matter what: thanks for looking!

opslaan046-2.jpg

btw: this is the Brooklyn Heights Promenade.

pascal

I like it as is.
I think it would work even better as a series. Do you have more to share?
Sometimes it's hard to make one photo stand alone, but a series of similar shots can be beautiful together.

Something tells me I need to go back to the optrician's to complain about my new glasses when I look at this one (;)), but all in all I see what you were at, though it does give me a bit of a hard time. My thinking is just not artistic enough, I'm afraid. I think too plainly. Too down to earth ... but I am willing to learn!

'gimme a B, gimme a U, gimme an M, gimme a P...'

Thanks for the comments guys. Anyone else?

pascal

Well, you would not want to tell us some more about this photo of The Promenade then? Does it have a title or does it follow a particular theme of your Photography Class? What was your motive to go all "unspecific"?

One but that interesate photographs. I like skyline that she is appraised and the branches give a very special air him to the photo, and the personage is brilliant.
Greetings from Spain.

Something tells me I need to go back to the optrician's to complain about my new glasses when I look at this one (;)), but all in all I see what you were at, though it does give me a bit of a hard time. My thinking is just not artistic enough, I'm afraid. I think too plainly. Too down to earth ... but I am willing to learn!

I agree what is the deal with this style of photograph, I just don't see anything. If it was on a wall next to a sunset or ocean shot I would pass it by for sure.

What is it?
Why is the stlye so far out?
what are you tring to show?

I want to know for real, just in case I ever come across a simular image.

Woohaa, why are all my threads being revived today...:lol: Not that I mind.

As to this pic: this is the Brooklyn Heights Promenade with the Manhattan Skyline on the left. My idea was to create a moody picture, somewhat of a dream. there are things you can recognize and things that - hopefully - trigger your imagination.

pascal

I hear a lot of talk about negative space these days, but for the most part, I think it's rarely used well. This is one of the few times where it's all pushed into one area and still works for me. I think the tree reaching into the scene, the skyline, and the figure in the corner combine fairly well.

The Eastern cultures use a lot of negative space, but I think people forget that there is still a balance and flow to it.

I'm not sure, but I think that this would work better for me if there wasn't the Manhattan skyline there, just the walking person and the tree. The buildings make me uncomfortable with the focus, while the walking person and the tree branch give this dreaminess.
Dani

It's cool. makes my eyes water as it makes me feel like I'm not wearing my glasses, though I am. Definitely different, but I like it and would like to see the rest of the series if that's at all possible.

Thanx Dani and Andrea for your comments. The others in this series (which is all about the Promenade) are nothing like this one. They are 'normal'. This was my way of showing the different sides of this place. Again, thanx for looking.

pascal

Woohaa, why are all my threads being revived today...:lol: Not that I mind.

As to this pic: this is the Brooklyn Heights Promenade with the Manhattan Skyline on the left. My idea was to create a moody picture, somewhat of a dream. there are things you can recognize and things that - hopefully - trigger your imagination.

pascal

I see, well putting it that way. I can see your train of thought now.

Most reactions

Back