Proofs

Yes, that's just exactly it, Mavaen. I give full res files in all my packages, but the online gallery is a gold mine for friends and out of town guests. It's also how I proof, so the reprints pay for that and then some.
It's my monthy clothing allowance. :)

I mostly do online proofing. I use instaproofs to proof with you set your own prices and it costs nothing till the client orders. So what I do I tell them that if they email me or call me with thier order then I will give them a better deal. Basically I just used my pricing on the proofing site but when it has shipping and handling fee I set it up to ad 15% but I let the customer know if they go directly through me then it will cost them less.
here is my site
www.capturethatphotography.instaproofs.com

Wedding clients get a DVD of their high res images but portrait clients do not. Both go online for 'proofing' and ordering. At the moment I am doing optional in studio viewing/ordering sessions as well as online but will be pushing viewing sessions more and more as time goes by. Reason? Orders are higher with the viewing session than with online only. :D To help with this, I offer a 15% discount on anything ordered during the viewing session. A great deal considering that I give 10% off anything ordered online within the first 7 days. (Galleries are only online for 14 days)

I am still small, and I have time to meet with each client for consults.

I don't make proof prints at all, I put the photos into a slide show on my laptop and run through them that way. That way, I am not making prints that won't be purchased. I still offer a proof set with each sale, but they are only printed if they ask for the set.

My sitting fee is only $50. I only charge that as insurance to keep bookings. the sitting fee paid at the time of booking has reduced cancellations by 80%. Nearly all of my income comes from prints, so I hate selling a CD with high res files, so if the customer wants a CD, I charge an arm and a leg for it if they don't buy other prints from me. Why should I give a disk to a client who is going to go to someone else to make prints with my hard work? That takes money out of my pocket and food off of my table.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back