Prop 8 Rally

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to a prop 8 rally in support of a friend of mine (also because i've never been to a rally before)

please keep all comments about your thoughts on prop 8 to yourself as this thread is not meant to be political.

girloc2.jpg

screamlf4.jpg

3. Her sign says "I don't appreciate your *****-ass-ness"
At one point she took the megaphone and gave one of the shortest, best speeches I've ever heard. She ended it by saying, "I'm angry and I'm a lesbian!" an then everyone cheered. It was pretty intense.

girl1fc1.jpg

chickenssssss2jw0.jpg

girlllllzu1.jpg

6. This is a lesbian couple who rallied.
couplefx6.jpg

comments and criticisms are always welcome!

nice, good way to practice your taking-pictures-at-a-rally skills. Since this is the photojournalism gallery, my main critique would be that you don't really immediately see what the protest is against in a lot of these. I think it's important to be able to read the signs (if this is supposed to be a complete series, then maybe not) and the first and the last don't say 'protest' to me.

And most of them are smiling. I don't mind smiling, but I'm guessing they are pretty angry with the decision. Maybe capturing some of that anger would have been a nice addition.

pascal

haha, thanks.
this isn't a full series, it just happens to be the pictures that i liked the most.

i went back and looked through all the pictures i have. there are smiles in nearly every picture. and you're right, youd think there wouldnt be many smiling faces based on the decision in California, but they're all happy. maybe its because of the rally. and aside from the girl in picture 3, all the talks were rather upbeat as well. there was a level of anger that was audible, but the speeches themselves werent angry and neither were the people. its strange to think about now.

thanks for the feedback, pascal!

I really like #3. She has a great expression on her face and I feel you captured her mood right (or the mood that I would think someone is in)

I like #1 as well, has nice feeling to it, although it does look like she ended her yell with a smile.

Some of them seem under-exposed… a wee bit dark. While I understand they are B/W, some detail is lost due to under-exposidness (is that a word?)
I’m thinking mainly of #2 and #6

thanks for the feedback bigtwinky! some have lost some detail, mostly due to my own faulty editing. thanks again!

I like #'s 3&4

:thumbup:Good for you for supporting not only your friend, but hundreds of thousands of people across the united states.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back