Prop/pose ideas....

With young kids and props I've found it best if they use their own toys/books. Also toddlers can be very um....self centered and trying to move from one prop to the next can often lead to tears if they think what you have is "theirs". :mrgreen: I've done the older reading to the younger several times with good results.

Hats, high heels, and cheap bead necklaces make really cute poses too. Just have one shoe partially on the foot of the seated child and snap away as they try to get the hat and necklace off. CUTE!

We came up with a date for the portraits! On Saturday October 8th, at 9 am in the morning...she said they start getting cranky around 11:30, so that should be plenty of time to get them done. We discussed ideas and props yesterday...I'm excited...can't wait! :) Now I've just gotta get my unpacking done (at least mostly!) and get my studio set up in the new place...and get some practice in with the lighting in the place, since my window light has changed dramatically, as well as any bounced light, since I have such high ceilings.

Ok...I'm preparing for Saturday...yesterday I went and got some toys to use as props, cuz I only had boy props. We have a Value City not too far, so I got em cheap. :mrgreen: I bought a toy shopping cart with toy 'groceries' in it, a book, and 'dress up' set, with a tiara, some bead necklaces, and thinks like that in it, and a toy phone. Any other prop suggestions? I told my co-worker (the girl's aunt) that is bringing them for the pictures to bring some toys and things, too. :)

TWO MORE DAYS! :)

Don't forget whatever the child's favorite toy is. Whether the parents hate the toy or not it is a part of who the child is right now and a good thing to record.

Best of luck Saturday!

LizM said:
Don't forget whatever the child's favorite toy is. Whether the parents hate the toy or not it is a part of who the child is right now and a good thing to record.

Best of luck Saturday!

Thanks! I'm preparing and setting up now. I told the aunt (the one who is bringing the girls) to bring some favorite toys and books. I'm excited...I can't wait! :)

They just called...they'll be here in 10 minutes! AAAAAH! Give me some last minute good luck vibes, k? ;)

core_17 said:
They just called...they'll be here in 10 minutes! AAAAAH! Give me some last minute good luck vibes, k? ;)

Well, this is much later than 10 minutes...but I hope the shoot went wonderfully! It's so cold here, so I hope you have better weather where you are :)

It was chilly, but it went very well! I'm uploading the photos as we speak! :) I'll post em as soon as I can! :)

core_17 said:
It was chilly, but it went very well! I'm uploading the photos as we speak! :) I'll post em as soon as I can! :)

Ohh! I can't wait to see, the suspense is killing me already :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back