propagandish

curious

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello there,

I am doing some project based on propaganda photography and would like some help of answering this questions:

1. what do you all think about a photography which contains propaganda message?

2. what if your country become the target of those propaganda message?

3. has anyone ever do propaganda photography before?

4. is culture taking part of photography process?

thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge and information.

cheers

1. what do you all think about a photography which contains propaganda message?

Well, that would depend on... er, a lot actually. It would depend on its purpose, tone, origin, basis in truth, etc etc, basically what I think depends on its content and context. Care to narrow down your definition of propaganda at all?

2. what if your country become the target of those propaganda message?

Define target? Do you mean the country depicted in the propaganda, or the country intended as the audience? For example some First World War propaganda demonised Germany and was intended to influence Americans... so was Germany or the US the 'target'? Depending on what you mean by target, the response could be very different.

3. has anyone ever do propaganda photography before?

Er... I don't know. I've taken photographs of protests and my composition was not objective... maybe I'm a propagandist. But I've never been hired by a government or organisation. Again, how do you define propaganda?

4. is culture taking part of photography process?

That might be the most broad and vague question ever. I'm just going to assume it's a yes/no question and say yes, because nothing short of a library full of books and articles can actually answer that question properly.

Sorry if I couldn't be more helpful, but those questions are all very broad and could be interpreted in an infinite number of ways. Can you be any more specific?

Hmmm I think the definitive answer is a resounding--- HUH??? It sounds like someone is trying to start some propaganda here.

first of all thanks for helping!

really appreciate the idea and answer :)

::::
what i mean by propaganda is the example of a photography which taken by non-citizens of the country
(e.g : non-Indonesian photographer took picture of Indonesian people which shows a propaganda side).

*** i mean will it affect you as a citizens of your country if any photographer that has no connection to your country took propaganda picture (which the photographer had no idea what is going on with ure country) and let the whole world know the bad/some good side of your country?

cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back