Proper WB techniques for the Studio

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How to make sure you get your WB right in the studio. . . . . .

Make sure you've got something white in the frame! :lol:

...and a shot from that session . . . .
Amelia Smiling Headshot by tltichy, on Flickr

Sometimes you just have to roll with the silliness. ;)

Oh, that's great!

I am intrigued by the way you've got light on her face and it falls off immediately after!

How do you get a child to sit for that?

Oh, that's great!

I am intrigued by the way you've got light on her face and it falls off immediately after!

How do you get a child to sit for that?
Thanks. The light fall off is a result of how extreme the feathering is. The edge of the light is just catching her cheeks (when she sits where she's supposed to) creating a highlight that brings out the cheekbones and chin shape. The reflectors fill the face without adding much to the sides of the face.

As far as getting them to sit still. . . . . I didn't. They were all over the place, I was just trying to catch them as they moved through the usable area of the lighting set up. ;) It's safe to say it took a while and I still couldn't get them where I really wanted them, but it's close enough.

:lol: Those are quite the catchlights; what was your lighting setup?
Nice - pretty much how I had it figured. Looks like you got your sandbags from the same place I did! Is that gobo in front of the camera white or black on the model side?
Thanks. It's black on both sides. The catchlight is busy enough as it is, I don't need to add any more to it. :lol::blush:
I wasn't going to say that...

Most reactions

Back