PS Book Suggestions

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This might should have been posted in the advice section...not sure, so move it if you please :)

What suggestions would you have for a photoshop teaching guide...I have a 5.5 and the school I attend uses 7, but most of my personal work will be done w/t 5.5. Are there any particular books that are better? Also I've been playing with PS for a while, but still need a good basic understanding, so something that makes things relatively simple and not way over my head would be great :)

Now the question is which of his books would be the best? I searched Barnes and Noble and he has about 4 pages of books :shock: I came across one titled: The Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers, so far it looks like it may be the most helpful, but there are others that look good too....

Kelby is a great suggestion.

Also check out Dr. Brown

Any of his books are helpful. If you want to really know your way around photoshop, don't stick to just Photoshop for Digital photography books, because they will be limited to cropping, sepia tones, and levels commands. (I'm generalizing, but you get the point) Learn how to really use photoshop, and all of it's tools. You will learn dodging and burning in your B&W darkroom class. You don't want Scott Kelby teaching you that, because he's not a photographer. He's a graphic designer and photoshop abuser.

Read up on www.luminous-landscape.com and www.fredmiranda.com for specific digital photography tutorials.

Most reactions

Back