Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How are you saving them ray?
I know to have the exif saved in CS2 you need to use the 'save as' as opposed to 'save for web'.

I tried saving one using CS and 'save as...' and it retained the exif on photobucket.

JonK said:
How are you saving them ray?
I know to have the exif saved in CS2 you need to use the 'save as' as opposed to 'save for web'.

I tried saving one using CS and 'save as...' and it retained the exif on photobucket.

Hi Jon

I always use the "save as" when editing, as I am usually editing a RAW file, and converting to jpeg., and I want to keep the original file as is.

hmmm.....very odd...maybe try reloading PS CS...otherwise i cant think why it would do that...mebbe get on a Photoshp forum and ask arnd.

good luck:)

Raymond J Barlow said:
Hi Jon

I always use the "save as" when editing, as I am usually editing a RAW file, and converting to jpeg., and I want to keep the original file as is.
Even CS2 doesn't keep EXIF info when converting from RAW to JPG for me. I usually do my RAW processing in another program (I use Nikon Capture, but there are many others), export it to a JPG or TIFF, and then work on that in PS.

there must be a setting somewhere to allow the exif to be saved when converting from RAW to jpeg cos that's what I'm doing and it saves it every time.

Are you on Mac or PC - use save as and save to web and the exif data seems to travel on the Mac and CS2

Think I may have the solution. On Windows I went to Edit-Preferences, and went to file handling, then theres a check box asking if it should ignore EXIF data...Try that it may work. If not, hey I tried. :D

Most reactions

Back