raven4ns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,
Is there some place you can buy older software like CS2? I enjoy doing B&W images and CS2 had 3 or 4 quads that I used to give my images a selenium tone. I'm trying to find out the formula for the purple quads CS2 had to see if I can duplicate it in another software program simply because I don't have CS2 any more. Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you.

ebay. Do you mean the mode for duo , etc. toning?

You can, but my sense is, he has neither.

Thank you for your responses. I don't have PS but I did try PS CS5 just to look at their presets in their quadtones. They don't have the purple quadtone anymore, it was in CS2 and they must have eliminated it. I bought Topaz B&W but it doesn't allow for any subtle refinements the way PS does even though it is a nice plug-in. If anyone has CS2 I would sure appreciate a screen shot of the 3 purple presets along with the curves and numerical values. I have been trying to buy an old copy of CS2 but they aren't available. The only thing I want it for is to make my selenium quadset for my B&W's. Thank you.

There are a lot of colors in CS2, are they pantone colors, etc. I would be glad to check for you later when I get back from my class tonight, but need more info

Is there a purple color under quadtone. I use tritones all the time and pick the tones for split toning, but not familar with the presets.

Thank you Ann, that is very kind of you. Now I'm trying to recall this from memory so I may have gotten it mixed up a bit. I went into duotones then into either tritones or quads. They had a list of presets usually 3 or 4 in a group and 1 group might be a yellow preset another preset group might be green etc. The group I am looking for used purple and when you clicked on it the preset showed the other colors in that particular preset. The preset might have been purple, brown, yellow and it showed the curve for each color plus the numerical value for each color as well.
You mentioned colors, they might have been pantone but I'm not sure or maybe cymk, I'm sorry, my memory fails me. If I had the damn software I know i could find it but therein lies my problem. Thank you Ann for your help and kindness.

Tim

ok, i will see what i can come up with. Your are describing the screen when it comes up, i just never thought about looking at presets. I will get back to you sometime tomorrow.

ok, here is what i found.

there are four "presets' available when you click on load.

here are the colors involved.

1.seems to be a bit more magenta than i would have thought for selenium, as if warm paper had been toned too long. any way

Black, pantone 216 cvc, pantone 409 cvc and pantone 2985 cvc

2,more to a very pale tan

Black, pantone 430, pantone 493 cvc and pantone 557 cvc

3 very green , black, pantone 431 cvc, pantone 492 cvc, pantone 556 cvc

4 very brown, in fact i will need to try this one on something else.
black, pantone 541, pantone 513, pantone 5773

If you have a sense which one your talking about i can go into the curve infomration and get that infomration for you, I just didn't want to track that for each options.

hope this helps.

Hi Ann,
I can't thank you enough for your help, I appreciate it very much. The tone set I am looking for has purple as it's first color then a tan and maybe 1 or 2 more colors. It looks like I need to find someone using CS2 close to me so I can sit down and find it myself. My memory is obviously not that accurate. However, I do want to thank you again for your kindness. If there should ever be a way I can help you please don't hesitate to ask.

Warmest regards,

Tim

Black is always the first color, the number one has what i would called burgandy, more than purple, but i think that is what you mean as the third color is tan. Off hand i don't remember the 4th color, but the first three or black , purple (?) tan.

I sure wished my memory was better but this was a few years ago. The only way I am ever going to figure it out is to get access to a copy of CS 2. Then maybe I will recognize the quadset I was using. You have been very kind Ann, thank you from a guy in Nova Scotia.

Tim

CS5 does not have the presets, which is what he is looking for.

He needs to take the pantone colors I listed and find a program that contains that information to make his on action.

Hi Ann,
Another kind soul managed to find a preset that is pretty close. I just need to figure out how to adapt it to Gimp or PSP which are the 2 editors I have. Thank you again for your kindness.

Tim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back