Psssst.... Wanna get into shooting film........ for FREE?

And awaaaaaaay it goes!

Since there's no tracking number, I have no idea where the package is ATM. I'm sure it has to go through customs.

Really loved this idea! Thanks for doing it sparky!

Would be really cool to see Encom_ post some of his work with that camera up here, or even write a few blog posts about using it.

Still waiting for its arrival. I will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the camera today. Thx again sparky and pixmedic. Going to load it with hp5+

Developed my first roll of film today. First time ever doing this. I think all went well. Scans will follow soon.

So.. it seems my scanner is really bad and can't handle film. I have opted to take a photograph of my negatives with my digital camera and the lens that has the highest reproduction ratio (1:1.4) of my collection, while handholding the negative in front of the lens (Not really the best possible way to do this, and a lot of variability/handshake/...). This caused the negative to not be entirely parallel to the sensor, and i slightly bend the film. I also tried to make a more flat image using my telephone as a lightbox, but I could see the pixels of the screen, and that was very distracting. So please don't judge the images on their quality.

For using and developing film the first time in my life, I am relatively pleased with the results. They seem to be a bit low on contrast (underdeveloped?). The film I used is HP5+ and I used Ilford ID-11 in a 1+1 dilution for 11:30 minutes, if memory serves me well (which according to the massive dev chart is too short.. I should have found that earlier). Next ilfostop and ilford rapid fixer to finish the development. I used ilfotol to wash the film, but I believe i used to much of it, which left marks on the dried film (the non emulsion side) that look like slug trails.

The images have not been retouched (except for white balance, inversion and cropping)

cat_zpsnct06qre.jpg

50mm f1:2 shutter speed:1/60 ASA:400
flowers_zpsgpvup8vs.jpg

50mm f1:2.8 shutter speed:1/500 ASA:400

So.. it seems my scanner is really bad and can't handle film. I have opted to take a photograph of my negatives with my digital camera and the lens that has the highest reproduction ratio (1:1.4) of my collection, while handholding the negative in front of the lens (Not really the best possible way to do this, and a lot of variability/handshake/...). This caused the negative to not be entirely parallel to the sensor, and i slightly bend the film. I also tried to make a more flat image using my telephone as a lightbox, but I could see the pixels of the screen, and that was very distracting. So please don't judge the images on their quality.

For using and developing film the first time in my life, I am relatively pleased with the results. They seem to be a bit low on contrast (underdeveloped?). The film I used is HP5+ and I used Ilford ID-11 in a 1+1 dilution for 11:30 minutes, if memory serves me well (which according to the massive dev chart is too short.. I should have found that earlier). Next ilfostop and ilford rapid fixer to finish the development. I used ilfotol to wash the film, but I believe i used to much of it, which left marks on the dried film (the non emulsion side) that look like slug trails.

The images have not been retouched (except for white balance, inversion and cropping)

cat_zpsnct06qre.jpg

50mm f1:2 shutter speed:1/60 ASA:400
flowers_zpsgpvup8vs.jpg

50mm f1:2.8 shutter speed:1/500 ASA:400

I'd say pretty darn good for your first time out. Easily fixed in post. Very nice framing and composition.

Kewl! All you need to do now is adjust the curves/levels.

Do you squeegee the film when you hang it up? That will remove most of the drops of water. Plus, try a final rinse of distilled water with your Ilfotol.

Thanks for the replies. I will try to do some post processing when I find the time, and post the results here.

@480sparky , I squeegeed with my fingers.. I should get something decent to do that.

Most reactions

Back