Puchasing an DSLR, help need

drazan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all,
sorry for my poor English, I'm from Macedonia, Europe, and I need an opinion from You about buying an DSLR camera and lenses. I have some experience with film camera (Smena, Zenit, Minolta) and about year and a half with Pro Sumer Digital Fuji S5600 (5200 for US model) shooting about 15.000 pictures.
My interest is taking pictures of peoples, portraits, indoor pictures, archicteture, Mostly i need camera that can handly low light and use an ambient lighting well. I'm not into shooting sport or action scene. Also I like to take some close up photos, I do not plan to print a big format or use crop a lot.
Now I thinking to purchase an DSLR. For the money I have (when I buy an flash, memory card, tripod and bag) there are enought to buy some of those models:

1. Nikon d80 with kit lenses 18-135
2. Canon 450d with kit lenses 18-55 plus EF 50mm f/1.8 II
3. Fuji s3 (used) with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f-3.5-5.6G VR plus AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D

So, in your opinions what will be the best choice for me?
Thanks

Last edited:
I would suggest either the D80, or the 450d, The fuji S3 is about a generation and a half behind the other two and is lacking in some areas. Out of the other two options the canon with 50mm 1.8 will allow good low light shooting and the 18-55 is an OK all around lens to start with, although the d80 would do just as well with a 50mm 1.8, so if you go Nikon try an squeeze a 50mm into your budget.

Thanks a lot for your advice, my thinking was in the same directions, so now I planning a bigger budget for aether Fuji S5 pro or Nikon d90.

d90 with 18-105 VR lenses, and S5 with 18-55 VR AND 50 1,8D

Most reactions

Back