Pulling my hair out... Looking for someone to take me under there wing!! and help me!

tj26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey there guys..
I have a D200, and trying to load some Raw photos, I have been trying on and off for almost 2 months!!! (I have a new born)
I have taken some fantastic photos using the different settings, (but stay clear of the RAW settings) and now managed to get myself a paid job in about 2 months for a wedding!!! I wasnt intending to do photography as a business, just social, and taking photos of my little one!! so this is a huge bonus!!
I have the software for the camera, I have down loaded a number of links to try and help.. but all photos just come up with NX I want to be able to save them in a normal picture file without all the drama of loading them in different prgrammes, (unless I want to tweek)..:confused:
Is this possible? is there someone out there that is willing to get me up and running!!!:blushing:
I hope this makes sense!!
Heres hoping
Tanya

View NX is free and will convert your photos and allow you to edit them as you need to. Irfanview can also read your RAW files, and can batch convert them to JPEG which is also free.

Out of curiosity, if you aren't really using the RAW files for custom processing, why not just shoot JPEG and then you don't have to worry about converting them to a normal picture file?

All the drama of different software? Really? Drama?

Good luck on your "business".

lol, good luck with that.

Hey there, I have honestly been trying to work it all out, for a while, so to me.. it's a little "drama" may be the wrong word :0/ but as soon as I get the hang of it, I'm sure it will make sense....
As for "business" I dont intend to go down the "business route" I did say just want to use camera for hobby, home use, social etc.. and the paid job is a one off... I have a eye for a great picture, just want to do the best I can....
Thank your feed back.. and feed back is good feed back...

Tanya x

Last edited:
Can you shoot RAW + Jpeg? Best of both worlds!

Before this thread becomes a blood bath, why don't you post a few of your photos so we can see an example of your work?

In general, when somebody joins the forum, asks for help on how to process their photos, talks about how great their pictures are, and then says they have a wedding coming up...well, let's just say we've seen it before and it never ends well.

Hey there Kerbouchard
I will have another nose at the "batch convert to JPEG" just couldnt find the option...

when I 1st used the D200 I wasnt aware of the RAW settings.. and just snapped away, getting to know the camera...
So now I know, I dont use that format, (until I know how to load, and of course get to know my camera) I just want to convert the photos I did take at the beginning..

When I have loaded the photos from the carmera into a file, the picture doesnt show, it just shows NX, unless I open with the camera software.. then I tweek, and try and save, but still will not let me see them as a normal pic.. again, sorry if I dont make sense...

:(, I really didnt mean to come across all snooty, and a know it all .. this is the 1st time of going on any forum.. and prob my second post..I didn't realise I was gonna be chewed up... I honestly was looking for supportive help... I did say I'm completely new.. and only looking for info so I can do my best for my chums....
Hense asking for help from people who know what there talking about..I have been told by friends & family that I have the eye for photos.. so I take that support any day...
Maybe this was the wrong site/forum to ask for help... :eek:(

You got step by step instructions on how to do what you need to do. I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm sorry if you did not find it helpful.

Hey Kerbouchard.. Thank you... I'm on the case now.. Thank you for taking the time to help.. :)

Hey Kerbouchard.. Thank you... I'm on the case now.. Thank you for taking the time to help.. :)

No problem. For what it's worth, using the method that I outlined removes all benefit from shooting RAW in the first place. It will be just like you had shot in JPEG, but it will get you viewable and sharable files until you learn a bit more about post processing. You can also resize, sharpen, add contrast, etc to the photos at the same time so that they will be a bit easier to share. That part is under advanced after you go into the batch conversion screen.

Last edited:
:popcorn:
:pop:pop:pop:pop:
Anyone want some? I don't mind sharing. :sexywink:

Most reactions

Back