Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I don't have photoshop or anything at work, but I did d/l Gimp a while back. I HATE gimp. I can't figure anything out. It is a royal pain in the arse. I want to do a simple thing that I KNOW I can do in photoshop...but can't figure it out here (and the help topics won't work in Gimp for some reason)

Ok...I'm working with this logo that a previous employer of my stepdads made. I would much rather just totally re-do it so it looks a lot nicer, but I don't know how, so...what I"m trying to do is select and move the 'home improvement' part, because it is not centered (and it drives me BATTY!), but for the life of me I cannot get it to move. I use the rectangular selection tool and make a rectangle around it, and then I use the 'move layer or selection' tool, and it moves the entire canvas instead of the selection. Can anyone help me?
Logo.jpg

core_17 said:
OK, so I don't have photoshop or anything at work, but I did d/l Gimp a while back. I HATE gimp. I can't figure anything out. It is a royal pain in the arse. I want to do a simple thing that I KNOW I can do in photoshop...but can't figure it out here (and the help topics won't work in Gimp for some reason)

Ok...I'm working with this logo that a previous employer of my stepdads made. I would much rather just totally re-do it so it looks a lot nicer, but I don't know how, so...what I"m trying to do is select and move the 'home improvement' part, because it is not centered (and it drives me BATTY!), but for the life of me I cannot get it to move. I use the rectangular selection tool and make a rectangle around it, and then I use the 'move layer or selection' tool, and it moves the entire canvas instead of the selection. Can anyone help me?
Logo.jpg

Try making your selection and promoting it to its own layer. Then use your move tool.

Dude! You totally rock! I had given up for the moment until someone responded, and now I'm trying (without a lot of luck) to totally recreate it without all the jagged edges. Grrrrr! I wish I was better at this stuff.

It worked though, so it's all good. If I had photoshop at work (I have it at home) I wouldn't have to be asking these questions. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back