What's new

purposely degrading a image for effect

I actually LOVE playing with this concept but unlike the other bunny I'm horrible at post work so I try to get the effect I'm looking for in camera by the methods Derrel mentioned, slow shutter speeds, often panning or intentionally moving the camera, using everyday magnifiers like a dollar store magnifying glass freelensed in front of my lens and sometimes I add it in post.

Check out this set on flickr, all is done in camera and what I would call normal processing of a raw image after.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/judi_smelko/sets/72157632520214397/

And this is the shot that started my fascination with playing around with motion and "degraded" image qualities.

oh my. i absolutely adore this one (and the other ones in your gallery). i will go out next time and try this.. thanks for the inspiration!! :)
 
Thanks D! :)

Markus, thank you, I'm so glad you were inspired! Enjoy, have fun and be sure to share!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom