A day or so ago I was browsing the dPreview Lighting Techniques forum, and there was a rather lengthy thread about the Trio and its alleged/reported problems with firing or not firing, and dumping the flash charge every 45 seconds or so....in general, a lot of heat and fury about the Trio's real-world operation,and firmware updates, and convoluted work-arounds when used as a remotely triggered flash unit. There are two recent threads on the Trio system, and from what I gathered, there are a number of users who are dissatisfied with the way the Trio's firmware and procedures have been (poorly) documented by the manufacturer; how large the number of dissatisfied customers is, it is impossible to ascertain, but it *does* seem that there are currently some professional photographers who are not happy with the Trio system's operation.
Judging by what I read, you definitely ought to check it out before a purchase. Not trying to bash the product or company--just reporting that there's a pair of lengthy,involved threads about the Trio active, right now.