butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! Hope you're well!

I just wondered - has anyone been commissioned to do a calendar shoot?

I was approached by a woman who started a dating service. She's interested in shooting women to give to potential daters and vice versa. The only thing is she wants to do this for $400 or less for two days of shooting.

The first day she wants me to photograph six models who are experienced, in the studio. She said this will be the "short day."

The second day she wants full hair and makeup and more shots, even some outside with some kind of high-end car.

Basically I would be retouching the photos and giving them to her on CD, so she can then make the calendars.

She says she'll only need a few shots for each month, plus she's providing the props and the hair/makeup artist, it seems like it would be good word-of-mouth advertising, but it still seems like a bit much of work for $400 - does anyone else agree?

I was thinking more like $500-$700 PER DAY. I'm not sure though...can any one offer any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I don't do this professionally, but her pricing seems extraordinarily low. 1.5 days @ $400 = $33/hour ... who is she kidding?

I was thinking more like $500-$700 PER DAY. I'm not sure though...can any one offer any advice?

My bid would be somewhere around $150/image, if they have me do all 24 shots in the same two days. This is somewhere around $1200/day, including post.

If all they have to spend is $400, I could come up with maybe two photos... if we work in the studio. On location... one shot.

And, I'm pretty sure I'm cheap.

-Pete

My bid would be somewhere around $150/image, if they have me do all 24 shots in the same two days. This is somewhere around $1200/day.

If all they have to spend is $400, I could come up with maybe two photos... if we work in the studio. On location... one shot.

And, I'm pretty sure I'm cheap.

-Pete

Hah! Thanks Pete! I knew I wasn't being unreasonable when i was thinking that was a little low - seems like a lot of work for $400!

I'll have to write her back and see if there is any wiggle room, otherwise I guess it may be a no-go.

I'll report back.

So I went back to her and told her my concerns. Her budget is much higher now :sexywink:

Guess she just wanted to get more for her money. When I basically told her I'd high tail it with only $400, she changed her tune :D YAY!

So I went back to her and told her my concerns. Her budget is much higher now :sexywink:

Guess she just wanted to get more for her money. When I basically told her I'd high tail it with only $400, she changed her tune :D YAY!

GOOD for YOU!

Sound's like she's no different than the rest of us.... get all you can for as little as possible. She just went too far this time.

-Pete

Most reactions

New Topics

Back