Question about camera storage

asfixiate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I currently keep my 50mm lens attached to my camera within the camera bag that came with my camera. There's plenty of room to prevent forcing it in an out of the bag but was curious if anyone else stores their camera with a lense attached. I can actually fit the 300mm, 18-55mm also in the bag comfortably.

Basically my question is if I'm not forcing it and my camera fits in my bag with the lens attached am I in any danger?

This is my camera
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...oductdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1335346

Basically my question is if I'm not forcing it and my camera fits in my bag with the lens attached am I in any danger?

What am I missing here? Why are you concerned?

Just curious if anyone else keeps a lens attached to their camera within their bag. I just thought it was a pain to take camera out and have to put lens on as opposed to taking out of bag and being ready. Also felt taking on and off lens so often could even hurt the camera more.

Just curious if anyone else keeps a lens attached to their camera within their bag. I just thought it was a pain to take camera out and have to put lens on as opposed to taking out of bag and being ready. Also felt taking on and off lens so often could even hurt the camera more.

In today's digital world, you really should minimize the quantity of times that you remove a lens so you're doing exactly the right thing. Each time that the lens is off, you risk dirt on the sensor filter. For most persons (me included), the only reasonable cleaning is a squeeze-bulb blower and, if that doesn't work, you pay a professional.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back