Question about facebook display.

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone had problems with Facebook doing weird things to photos. I have been experiencing just in the last little bit that pictures I upload there the jeans take on a psychedelic acid wash tone on some but everywhere else the picture looks fine. The last senior set I did, one of the girls pants ended up with exagerated whirls of white but Facebook is the only place this happens. Seems that hair looks overly crunchy sometimes too. On blog, flickr and to print they look normal.

It's because they compress the absolute hell out of the images.. to the point that DSLR shots and cell phone pictures look about the same.

There is an option on facebook, to upload in high resolution (so others can download in high resolution) and you'll be able to put up 2000px (on the long side) images with very little compression.. but they have to be downloaded from the hyperlinks, they can't be viewed that way in the facebook interface.

I was wondering if that was the reason. I had uploaded a couple but they still looked compressed on my display and I didn't want to encourage the downloading of images hah. Thanks Reznap.

When I upload from the Facebook interface it does this. But when I simply go through lightroom I have no problem

Dont upload photos shot at ISO 800 and higher. You wont like the result

Not true since I bought the D700. Before absolute garbage, but I did manage to get a half decent shot at 3200 with the D700 the night I first had it.

ISO3200 test shot by Deanna D Chambers, on Flickr

Not the best picture but usable.

Resize them to 720px on the longest side before export. That's the largest they can be displayed on facebook. If they're already that size, there will be less compression done and your images should look better.

Not true since I bought the D700. Before absolute garbage, but I did manage to get a half decent shot at 3200 with the D700 the night I first had it.

[insert image], on Flickr

Not the best picture but usable.

Agreed... every single one of my band shots is at least at ISO1600 if not ISO3200 and the issue I'm having with them looking like balls isn't because of noise. :lol:

I've never had an issue with anything I upload to Facebook. They always look pretty decent.
I do upload TIF's though...does that matter?

Ive never uploaded a tiff, Ill try a couple different methods now and see if that helps. I'm just getting some major compression issues.

Ive never uploaded a tiff, Ill try a couple different methods now and see if that helps. I'm just getting some major compression issues.

It takes forever and my internet gamer little brother gets PO'd because I'm hogging the bandwidth...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back