Baaaark
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- May 27, 2009
- Messages
- 414
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- North or South Pole... it depends
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
What is the difference between the flashes made by the manufacturer of your camera, and third party flash units? For example, for a little over 100 bucks I could have this:
4806 Nikon SB-400 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight, USA Warranty
or this:
040N Sunpak PZ 4000AF Shoe Mounted Flash for Nikon AF Cameras, Guide Number 132 ISO 100 ft.
Are you paying for the name when it comes to flashes? Or is it like a quality lens where you get what you pay for? I know a lot of people swear away from third party anything, but I just don't get how the third party flashes can be SO MUCH cheaper than the name brands.
4806 Nikon SB-400 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight, USA Warranty
or this:
040N Sunpak PZ 4000AF Shoe Mounted Flash for Nikon AF Cameras, Guide Number 132 ISO 100 ft.
Are you paying for the name when it comes to flashes? Or is it like a quality lens where you get what you pay for? I know a lot of people swear away from third party anything, but I just don't get how the third party flashes can be SO MUCH cheaper than the name brands.