What's new

question about gels on flash

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 14, 2011
Messages
6,844
Reaction score
996
Location
Tampa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a silly question, how do I put these on my flash? I had a prob shooting at night. Heavy tungsten street light and my SB-600 didn't match. A guy suggested I order this and since it was only 8 bux and I was ordering from B&H I bought it.

Seems the product may stick to the SB-600 on its own but appears as though it may melt. And pieces are so small not a lot of room for painters tape or such.

Help? Was I supposed to order something with it, or did I waste 8 bux because not worth shipping back.

Rosco STROBIST COLLECTION FILTER KIT (55-pc) - ROSK

634658.jpg
 
Stick it under the built-in wide flash adapter (item #1 on page 10 of your manual). Rosco makes gels for professional use, so they shouldn't be so prone to over heating, however, I wouldn't keep rapid firing the flash because it does generate a lot of heat.
 
I attach them to a speedlight with gaffers tape so the gel is slightly rounded which keeps it away from the front lens of the speedlight.
 
Overheating should really only be an issue if you are rapid firing the flash.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom