Question about photographing glass bottles

are you handholding this at 1/25th shutter speed ?

I was thinking the same thing :1247:

I was supporting my arms on a back of a chair... I'm not supouse to? hehehe
Sorry guys... i was not trained for this! hehehe i'm just the it guy

I have one... just thought holding it would be easier...
Okay... what i have now... I have to use a tripod, use slow shutter, position the flash on top of the bottle and position that two thigs on the side of the bottle....
Anything else?

Yes, explains things pretty clearly.

Quoted for truth.

The lighting setup here is SO wrong.

You've positioned the lights so they show up clearly in the reflection on the neck of the bottle. You need to figure out some good ol' DIY diffuser panels for your lights so they reflect as nice soft long strips of light on the bottle.

like this

This Bud's for you.
by The Braineack, on Flickr

or this

Riesling Bottle
by The Braineack, on Flickr

Large sheets of drawing paper, shower curtains, bed sheets... anything would work better than what you have.

Then you desperately need to move your BG lights so they only light up the background and don't catch any reflections on the bottle at all.

this video should help:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I think i'm gonna buy it... It's not going to be the last time i'll have to photograph things here...

Quoted for truth.

The lighting setup here is SO wrong.

You've positioned the lights so they show up clearly in the reflection on the neck of the bottle. You need to figure out some good ol' DIY diffuser panels for your lights so they reflect as nice soft long strips of light on the bottle.

like this

This Bud's for you. by The Braineack, on Flickr

or this

Riesling Bottle by The Braineack, on Flickr
Yes... i was removing the light reflections on photoshop...
So... if i positon a pair of those lights on each side of the bottle and then manage to put a diffuser you think i can get a reasonable result?
Something like this:
v34OLhB.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
There are also lots of video on you tube about bottle photography.
Search "How to photograph a beer bottle".

i might try something like this (pretty much how I did the black bottle shot):

Attachments

• lighting-diagram-1415282827.jpg
    lighting-diagram-1415282827.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 94
TRIPOD - for slow shutter speed this is required.
for general product photography you should use one all the time anyways, with a remote release.

this is probably one of the reasons for the fuzzy bottle edges. I'm going to guess the lettering on the label is also kinda fuzzy too.
Also, a nice sturdy tripod, nothing that jiggles ever so slightly that you can't see when the mirror slaps up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back