Question about "photography"

rbarrett68

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I just have a question about using the word "Photography" in my business name.

I only do Macro,Floral,Landscape and Artistic Black & White photography.I don't do events,portraits or weddings (at least for right now)

Now I am being bombarded by emails asking me to do weddings and portraits.Is it my business name?I do have the word "photography" in it but that is because I do take photographs, but not of people.

Right now me and my husband are having an argument about this. :grumpy:

He thinks I should change my biz name because he thinks it is misleading being that I don't do sessions.

I think I should keep it because I put a lot of work in advertising my biz name and just because I don't do sessions doesn't mean I can't have the word "Photography" in my biz name

Advice please before I go insane and end up killing my husband :evil:

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Rhonda

I'm pretty sure macro photography, floral photography, landscape photography, and artistic (isn't it all?) photography can be called photography. So, no, I wouldn't change the name.

I would suggest making your areas of specialty clear on your website, and in your advertising.

I agree completely with tirediron. You should have the word photography in your business name. What else would you even change it too? "Barrett that takes photos of non-people" What you do is photography and as said above, advertising the type that you do may help. I definitely don't think you should change the name, just kindly tell them that you do not handle that type of photography and refer them to a good photographer that does (assuming you know one).

Thank you so much for your help!

That is just what I thought.I do have on my website the kinds of photography that I do so I didn't understand why I was getting asked to do weddings and such.

I guess Johnboy hit it on the head when he said that if they know you have a camera,they will ask :mrgreen:

Rhonda

Most reactions

New Topics

Back