STARSITY GRAPHICS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can a mod delete this post please.

Last edited:
I need to know this ASAP too!! =(

I wasn't sure what area on this forum to post this, but I got a job offer to do food photography for this Franchise down here in SC, I know they have been calling around to get the best price estimate (of course they are looking for the cheapest i wouldn't doubt) so what would be a fair price for a shoot like that? the main restaurant is no more than 10min. away. I'm going to bring my camera and a lightbox. I believe its about 10 dishes i have to shoot. I'm actually about to call them now. but for now i'd like any input as possible.
It varies by region and by how they will be using the photos.

You don't have your geographic location in your profile. It's an International forum. What country are you in?

Sorry my bad! I did put down "SC" in my post...but that doesn't some...cuz i still don't remember all the abbreviations lol

USA. Charleston, SC
And the pictures will be used for their Website which the firm next door to me is designing...they actually walked over to me and said hey you are going be getting a call from a restaurant haha. So I just need a price range to throw out there...and hopefully it will undergo all the other places she's called around...if not maybe i can bargain w/ them. I just don't want to loose them...because this is a really good Client for my portfolio.

Not many people do food photography but I would imagine it's similar to product photography. Do a google search for product photographers in your area and see what they charge and look at their work. If you think you can match their work, charge around the same amount. If you don't think you can match their work, charge half of what they charge. Take this with a grain of salt as I may be off on what you should charge, but it was at least somewhere to start.

For web use you need to write, and sell, a use license.

Do they need the images clipped for use on white background web site pages? It effects the price.

What size do they want to use the images at? 400 px? 600 px? It effects the price.

How long do they want to use the images? It effects the price.

thanks you guys for the INPUT!!

and KmH thanks!!! I'll try to get all that info from the lady soon! see its actually the Web Developer next door to my office who will be designing the website....so he knows all the specs.

as far as the restaurant owner...i highly doubt she knows any of that...other than point the camera and shoot.

Can a mod delete this post please.

You can't alter the Internet time space continuum!

So, did you get the shoot?

I vote not to delete this post. I think some other people may find the answer from KmH is quite helpful.

Most reactions

Back